Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2021, 05:26 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-supply-biden/

Biden bought even more Pfizer and Moderna, which means the US has bought enough for 300M people. That doesn't include J&J or any of the other vaccines. Maybe the US will sell the vaccine to other countries once they are done because there is no way they are even getting 300M to take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 06:28 PM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-supply-biden/

Biden bought even more Pfizer and Moderna, which means the US has bought enough for 300M people. That doesn't include J&J or any of the other vaccines. Maybe the US will sell the vaccine to other countries once they are done because there is no way they are even getting 300M to take it.
I believe the >16 population in the US is only 250M people. So 300M is definitely more than enough.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:47 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I believe the >16 population in the US is only 250M people. So 300M is definitely more than enough.
Except that we don’t yet know when booster shots will be needed. It may be that the December-January front line health care workers and nursing home residents all need a booster in June. Like everything else with COVID-19, there isn’t enough data yet.

Right now, the CDC is saying quarantine is unnecessary if you’ve been exposed within 3 months of your 2nd vaccination. It could well be that we’re on a 3 month booster shot cycle indefinitely. I’d think the consensus is longer than that but who knows? People are certainly getting infected again 6 months after their first COVID-19 infection.

Old 02-12-2021, 08:32 AM

12,427 posts, read 9,519,802 times
In 6 months, we may well have 40-50% of Americans vaccinated and have the opposite problem - still short of herd immunity and vaccine skeptics and outright conspiracy nuts may refuse to get it. For now, demand far exceeds supply.

"Crowds flocked to a Danvers COVID-19 vaccination site in hopes of getting an extra dose"
https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...ite-long-lines

Old 02-12-2021, 08:37 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
In 6 months, we may well have 40-50% of Americans vaccinated and have the opposite problem - still short of herd immunity and vaccine skeptics and outright conspiracy nuts may refuse to get it. For now, demand far exceeds supply.

"Crowds flocked to a Danvers COVID-19 vaccination site in hopes of getting an extra dose"
https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...ite-long-lines

I'm hoping some "skeptics" will change their minds, once it's apparent their family/friends who have taken theirs 6 months ago have yet to grow a 3rd arm or whatever. As for the conspiracy nuts, I'm afraid they are a lost cause and no amount of evidence or proof will convince them whatsoever. They seem to be a small but loud and vocal minority, and the majority of the "no" people fall into the prior "somebody else first" category. We shall see.

Old 02-12-2021, 09:31 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I'm hoping some "skeptics" will change their minds, once it's apparent their family/friends who have taken theirs 6 months ago have yet to grow a 3rd arm or whatever. As for the conspiracy nuts, I'm afraid they are a lost cause and no amount of evidence or proof will convince them whatsoever. They seem to be a small but loud and vocal minority, and the majority of the "no" people fall into the prior "somebody else first" category. We shall see.

I'm hoping that a vaccine passport becomes the norm. Certainly, plague-infested 'Muricans won't be allowed into Canada without showing proof of vaccination. Ditto Europe and post-Brexit UK. No college is going to allow students in their dorms and classrooms next Labor Day without proof of vaccination. I'd expect a lot of cities and towns will do the same with their high schools once the vaccination age gets pushed down to age 12+. Personally, I think there should be big penalties associated with being anti-VAX. Medicare or Medicaid? If you get COVID-19, we won't cover it. Corporate group insurance? The same. If you land in the ICU without proof of vaccination, it's out of pocket. It's your civic duty to get vaccinated. If you want to be the next Marjorie Taylor Greene, it will cost you.

Of course, this assumes the FDA will actually fully approve the vaccines they're injecting into everyone in the country.

Old 02-12-2021, 09:37 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I'm hoping that a vaccine passport becomes the norm. Certainly, plague-infested 'Muricans won't be allowed into Canada without showing proof of vaccination. Ditto Europe and post-Brexit UK. No college is going to allow students in their dorms and classrooms next Labor Day without proof of vaccination.

I'm quite sure there will be a lively trade in fake "vaccine passports." After all, there's already quite a bit of fake Social Security and identity documents. No doubt people will get fake proof of vaccination. I don't like it but I think it's so.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:00 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
from an old project I had on emergency management what rings true keeps ringing true. I looked at radiation and various events.

You end up with one extreme that is a hypochondriac that wants everything documented asap. Then there's other that think it's a lie.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:02 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
No doubt people will get fake proof of vaccination. I don't like it but I think it's so.

The first time I saw one of those card they give you when you get the vaccine, my thought was immediately "How long before we saw fakes of these? They look so easy to reproduce and forge"

Old 02-12-2021, 10:08 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
The first time I saw one of those card they give you when you get the vaccine, my thought was immediately "How long before we saw fakes of these? They look so easy to reproduce and forge"
Or people will somehow think they're entitled and need one or pull the discrimination card if they dont have one and are ever denied anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts