Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 07:51 PM

23,777 posts, read 18,915,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
LOL, I'm far more worried about the military voting fraud. There is an org that knows how to conduct large scale fraud well.

Not little towns. Almost everyone of the rare cases of "dead people" voting has been live people voting then dying before the election. That it was caught shows you how secure the safeguards are.

Know people in the military (my father's family was all military, and many went into the defense industry). They have systemic fraud down... get off line with some of the MITRE, Raytheon, Draper or even worse, that criminal org Bath Iron Works / General Dynamics (not easy to do as most take their security clearances pretty strongly), but hooooollly hell, you'll be regaled with tales on how the military works fraud efficiently.
What are you smoking dude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 08:02 PM

7,939 posts, read 7,851,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
LOL, I'm far more worried about the military voting fraud. There is an org that knows how to conduct large scale fraud well.

Not little towns. Almost everyone of the rare cases of "dead people" voting has been live people voting then dying before the election. That it was caught shows you how secure the safeguards are.

Know people in the military (my father's family was all military, and many went into the defense industry). They have systemic fraud down... get off line with some of the MITRE, Raytheon, Draper or even worse, that criminal org Bath Iron Works / General Dynamics (not easy to do as most take their security clearances pretty strongly), but hooooollly hell, you'll be regaled with tales on how the military works fraud efficiently.
Well mail in the military is where there can be logistical issues. I think you might might procurement fraud in the military which can be very well documented.

I'd argue small towns are apt to have some fraud and cities more at ward level.

Say you take a place like....Taunton has what....55K. If you had 10 councilors and say half at ward at maybe 7 or 8K per ward and then a debate of if someone really lived not just in the city but in the ward..that can be debatable. Get a few people to do the same that are in a clique and pretty soon you might have control of a area. We're far more apt to see this on a low level then a high. In some areas it might be some obscure county race. Cook County in Illinois is over five million.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:32 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,156,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
If you're goal is to have a discussion on all the irresponsible or dumb things you think elected officials "say" you could start a thread on that topic and, if legitimate, it would involve numerous people in both parties as well as Presidents past and present. But I don't think those bigger conversations about what lots of people SAY really interest you. I'm more interested in what people actually do.

What's this guy trying to say now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA8a2g6tTp0
Your shtick is becoming rather tired. It was obvious to anyone with properly firing neurons that the ‘fraud’ comment by Biden was in reference to potential suppression of the vote, not a scheme to cast fraudulent votes.

Posting that edited clip is truly pathetic given your previous non-partisan postering. Hint: you posts are public and your bias is blatant ... as is mine.

Last edited by Shrewsburried; 10-27-2020 at 08:50 PM..

Old 10-28-2020, 06:37 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,726,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Your shtick is becoming rather tired. It was obvious to anyone with properly firing neurons that the ‘fraud’ comment by Biden was in reference to potential suppression of the vote, not a scheme to cast fraudulent votes.

Posting that edited clip is truly pathetic given your previous non-partisan postering. Hint: you posts are public and your bias is blatant ... as is mine.

No doubt in my mind he wasn't referring to a fraud scheme. I might even give some of his (numerous) ethnically/racially-charged remarks some similar leeway, but not too much given the extent of them. The point was soundbites and dumb remarks are abound all over the spectrum and those games can be played all around. You clearly take yourself way too seriously. If politically opposing views cause your continued need to react in such a way, ignore them. I really don't care what you find "rather tired." And yes, I am non partisan, but that doesn't mean I abandon my political views or that they must conform to your perceived rules. Please get over your hypocritical self. I'm quite capable of handling my own political identification and biases so you just speak for yourself. Someone who believes that 50 percent of the country falls into one big pile of thinking you find disdainful and lacking in any nuance in their views, doesn't impress me much. You may be the one lacking nuance. So let's agree to ignore each other and move on.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 10-28-2020 at 07:48 AM..

Old 10-28-2020, 06:50 AM

1,363 posts, read 878,393 times
I try not to visit the politics forum because it's a toxic dump that represents one of the worst corners of the internet, but I did chime in on the Supreme Court's decision on the Wisconsin absentee ballots. I don't know when they can last apply for an absentee ballot, but the USPS isn't reassuring anyone that mail-in ballots will get to where they need to get by 11/3.

Wisconsin is averaging about 3,000 new cases a day right now, and those testing positive—and those they live with—are required to self-quarantine for at least ten days. Even if only half of those are over 18 and were planning to vote but haven't already voted in some fashion...well, they've basically lost their right to vote or will be forced to pose a health risk to others. This is a double whammy of dangerous public health policy and voter suppression.

Today is the last day to request a mail-in ballot in Massachusetts, and votes will be counted as long as the ballots are postmarked by 11/3 and are received by 11/6. I still think that's too short. The postmark should be all that matters.

But either way, if you haven't voted, please request a mail-in ballot today. You never know what might keep you from being able to visit your polling station.

Old 10-28-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
You clearly take yourself way too seriously. If politically opposing views cause your continued need to react in such a way, ignore them. I really don't care what you find "rather tired." And yes, I am non partisan, but that doesn't mean I abandon my political views or that they must conform to your perceived rules. Please get over your hypocritical self. I'm quite capable of handling my own political identification and biases so you just speak for yourself. Someone who believes that 50 percent of the country falls into one big pile of thinking you find disdainful and lacking in any nuance in their views, doesn't impress me much. You may be the one lacking nuance. So let's agree to ignore each other and move on.
Those are a whole bunch of words which fail to address your act of posting intentional disinformation.

Opposing disinformation is not a political position. You claim in seemingly every thread to loath partisans, and yet you post hyper-partisan trash like this edited and out-of-context Biden vid or playing GOP devil's advocate in QAnon threads.

Too seriously? No, just tired of far-rights claiming centrist territory.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Those are a whole bunch of words which fail to address your act of posting intentional disinformation.

Too seriously? No, just tired of far-rights claiming centrist territory.

What disinformation? Simply my opinion, along with a link to a video. Is the video a soundbite taken out of full context? Absolutely, but it exemplified my point. Interestingly, something the mass media does everyday with Trump. As for far-right, you have no clue as to any of my actual major policy positions. You need to have an imaginary far-right enemy to validate your own bigoted views. Not subscribing to your Orwellian doublethink doesn't make me far right. Who are all these "far rights" claiming centrist territory? Do you have a list of them in your head that you follow around on CD so you can hold them accountable. lmao.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 10-28-2020 at 11:25 AM..

Old 10-28-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
No disinformation whatsoever. Simply my opinion, along with a link to a video. Is the video a soundbite taken out of full context? Absolutely, but it exemplified my point. Interestingly, something the mass media does everyday with Trump. As for far-right, you have no clue as to any of my actual major policy positions. Not buying into your TDS talking points, your loathe for Hodgson, or your apparent warm heart for our former Vice President doesn't make me far-right. You need to have a far-right enemy to validate your own bigoted views. You won't find one here. Nice try though.

Non-partisan centrists don't exhaust their time and energy dropping into every right-wing thread to play GOP devils advocate or propagate misleading videos with little or no editorial. They also don't use the pejorative term 'TDS' to dismiss broad critique.

There's plenty of left-leaning misinformation I see posted on social media (e.g., the BLM 'deliveries'), but you won't see me intentionally dropping that content onto this forum to bolster a left-leaning position. That rubbish ought to be tossed into a void regardless of whether I'm sympathetic to a certain part/candidate or not.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Non-partisan centrists don't exhaust their time and energy dropping into every right-wing thread to play GOP devils advocate or propagate misleading videos with little or no editorial. They also don't use the pejorative term 'TDS' to dismiss broad critique.

There's plenty of left-leaning misinformation I see posted on social media (e.g., the BLM 'deliveries'), but you won't see me intentionally dropping that content onto this forum to bolster a left-leaning position. That rubbish ought to be tossed into a void regardless of whether I'm sympathetic to a certain part/candidate or not.

Identify your own political beliefs; I'll identify my own. TS if you don't like it. Now run along and go follow one of those other "far-right" suspects you've hallucinated for yourself and have fun in your binary world.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 10-28-2020 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-28-2020, 12:32 PM

6,349 posts, read 5,180,415 times
Quote:
If you're goal is to have a discussion on all the irresponsible or dumb things you think elected officials "say" you could start a thread on that topic and, if legitimate, it would involve numerous people in both parties as well as Presidents past and present. But I don't think those bigger conversations about what lots of people SAY really interest you. I'm more interested in what people actually do.
I'm going to humbly submit that the President of the United States declaring, repeatedly and with zero evidence, that mail-in ballots *will* lead to a rigged election is damaging and downright incendiary. It's not equivalent to you or I or any random C-D poster making irresponsible statements.

As everyone's experience here is indicating (including mine), at least the MA process is so far beyond reproach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts