Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 10:54 AM

1,708 posts, read 2,911,951 times

Advertisements

Does Markey even live in MA? I think he just comes to his moms porch for photos ops.

Last edited by Boston_Burbs; 07-10-2020 at 11:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 11:22 AM

73 posts, read 62,012 times
can someone explain to me why democratic donors are giving to Kennedy when that money should have gone to contested senate battles in Maine, Iowa, etc to try and take back the senate. If trump wins in November, if Dems take back the Senate it changes the supreme court nomination process and legislation ENTIRELY. Waste of money by Kennedy in my opinion and for that reason doesn't get my vote.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:39 AM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Markey. He’s changed his tune since 2016, but let’s not forget this gem that Kennedy let loose a few years ago:

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...-iii-marijuana
Quote:
In his interview with Klein, the congressman cited some of the unintended consequences of decriminalizing and legalizing the drug. Recalling his days working as a state prosecutor when Massachusetts voted in 2008 to decriminalize marijuana, Kennedy said the decision affected the ability of police officers to search and seize other illegal items, such as guns, from vehicles.

“If you smelled [marijuana] in a car, you could search a car,” Kennedy said. “When it became decriminalized, you couldn’t do that.”
I worry that the guy is secretly a DINO. Markey, on the other hand, has a good track record and has been working with Pressley on some progressive transportation legislation.

Old 07-10-2020, 12:44 PM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston_Burbs View Post
Does Markey even live in MA? I think he just comes to his moms porch for photos ops.
He lives in Maryland.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:14 PM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Kennedy is my congressman, you never hear from the guy.
Both Kennedy and Markey are your run of the mill Massachusetts politicians. They don't need to earn your vote, because they are already entitled to it.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:03 PM

2,367 posts, read 1,855,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I just received my absentee ballot to vote in the Mass primaries and I can't decide who to vote for: Markey or Kennedy.

They both stand for roughly the same things, but obviously Markey has the experience in his favor. On the other hand, Kennedy has youth and quite frankly, I'd be happy to see some new blood representing us.

Honestly, though. I don't see much of a difference.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:26 PM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
He lives in Maryland.
Reminds me of a guy I used to work with, who recognized him while boarding a plane at Logan. Said "Mr. Markey heading home to Maryland I see". Markey just scowled and kept walking. I've heard a few stories about him over the years, none of them too flattering. He sounds like a real jerk.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:06 PM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Reminds me of a guy I used to work with, who recognized him while boarding a plane at Logan. Said "Mr. Markey heading home to Maryland I see". Markey just scowled and kept walking. I've heard a few stories about him over the years, none of them too flattering. He sounds like a real jerk.
Should have called him “Mr. Frosty”, too.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:31 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
He lives in Maryland.
And so do many Senators/Congressmen ... it’s where they work after all. This is really a bipartisan “issue”, even if you wish to portray it otherwise.

Regardless, I personally believe that Markey’s “insider” status is a needed counter balance to Warren. He has shown an ability to work with GOP senators to help drive federal dollars to MA during periods of GOP control ... not often successful in this climate, but that’s the mindset required to drive dollars to your state.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:55 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I just received my absentee ballot to vote in the Mass primaries and I can't decide who to vote for: Markey or Kennedy.

They both stand for roughly the same things, but obviously Markey has the experience in his favor. On the other hand, Kennedy has youth and quite frankly, I'd be happy to see some new blood representing us.

Honestly, though. I don't see much of a difference.
How is another Kennedy new blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts