Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 09:36 AM

6,325 posts, read 5,207,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
You just keep in mind that I'm not the one peddling dna changing vaccines, masks that restrict a person's oxygen, and lockdowns and quarantines that do damage to our children- and all to combat the flu.
The reason for breathing difficulty is due to pressure drop (breathing resistance), not because masks selectively drop the oxygen concentration. Go back to school...something more than lockdowns & quarantines clearly did damage to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 11:04 AM

21,805 posts, read 12,983,597 times
seems a bit invasive.

Old 08-21-2020, 12:35 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,161,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Yes and the state just changed the rules for figure skaters. It was that only coaches had to wear mask, not the athletes, now the state is saying that the skaters now have to wear masks. Doesnt matter howmany triples etc and program the skater is doing. They also put ridiculous rules on hockey. Masks during faceoff because the players are close together but then they can take them off? What? The referree is going to stop play to say time to put or take off your mask? Really? Just gets wackier!
Haha ... my beer league team read over the rules and had a good laugh at the absurdity. We're holding out for at least another season because the risk vs. reward just isn't there.

Old 08-22-2020, 10:52 AM

3,515 posts, read 1,608,190 times
its Acctually against the law to force vaccinations or threaten you with those vaccination in massechusetts.

if you are against forced vaccinations vote for DR Shiva who is running for state senate in massechusetts. today is the last day you can register. vote by september 1st to protect citizens freedoms and not to get violated. there is no end on what the goverment can do if you do not take a stand.

if you care about human rights he will protect mass residents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNRrYw4LajI

i did a thread on this just now on forced vaccinations and why its The R word.

file a abuse prevention order with your local police because under the law this a threat your child will get stuck or he or she cant come to school.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:23 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,666,091 times
So isn't a vaccine supposed to protect the person that got it, not someone they are afraid of transmitting it? So if I have a child that doesn't get it, but your kid does cause you believe it works, then isn't your kid supposedly safe? Why would we force healthy or immune people to get a vaccine they don't need or require.

Either way, it will start with the flu shot and then they will mandate the corona virus shot and then this will continue year after year. The worst part is, its for kids and younger people who are fine.

Do you mandate a bad driver or someone with multiple accidents not to drive a care because they are a danger. The lack of common sense with this virus is frightening. And it didn't even take a very severe virus to do it. By severe (before people freak out), I'm talking about .01% or more of the current US population.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:24 PM

FYI, everyone I know in Massachusetts, which is quite a bit since I grew up there is refusing a vaccine and won't do it for their kids. They are looking for other options or will claim a "religious exception". Not that it matters cause one kid coughs in class and it will be online learning for life.

Old 08-23-2020, 03:52 AM

24,575 posts, read 18,410,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
FYI, everyone I know in Massachusetts, which is quite a bit since I grew up there is refusing a vaccine and won't do it for their kids. They are looking for other options or will claim a "religious exception". Not that it matters cause one kid coughs in class and it will be online learning for life.
I don’t find this surprising at all. You people cluster together.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:16 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,954,133 times
Quote:
So isn't a vaccine supposed to protect the person that got it, not someone they are afraid of transmitting it? So if I have a child that doesn't get it, but your kid does cause you believe it works, then isn't your kid supposedly safe? Why would we force healthy or immune people to get a vaccine they don't need or require.

Either way, it will start with the flu shot and then they will mandate the corona virus shot and then this will continue year after year. The worst part is, its for kids and younger people who are fine.
Vaccines help prevent you from getting sick, but that also helps keep you from spreading the illness to other people. It’s the second part that’s usually why vaccination is mandatory. If there was a shot that prevented a non-communicable disease, say something like most cancers, I think it would be harder to justify requiring it. Of curse, you’d have to wonder about people who, when offered to a way to prevent their kid from getting cancer aren’t interested.

The flu vaccination requirement is not a big change. There’s a whole host of other vaccines that are ALREADY required. The only big difference is that flu vaccine is seasonal. I’m sure there will be a COVID vaccination requirement if a vaccine is made.

Flu vaccines aren’t 100% effective, but evena 40% reduction in a possibly deadly virus seems like a good idea. In the under 15 crowd, death statistics for flu are worse han for COVID (over 15 COVID is far worse), so the idea that it’s not at all a danger is wrong.

Quote:
Do you mandate a bad driver or someone with multiple accidents not to drive a care because they are a danger. The lack of common sense with this virus is frightening. And it didn't even take a very severe virus to do it. By severe (before people freak out), I'm talking about .01% or more of the current US population.
You have to be licensed to drive. And being a bad driver can get your license revoked. I’m not sure why you think that’s a good analogy.

Quote:
I live in Massachusetts and no one I know thinks this is a bad idea. They were already getting their kids flu shots. The only reason they might not have was simply forgetting. I wonder if the state looks at all the new religious exemptions closely to figure out why people who had no religious problem with MMR (required if their kid was attending school) have an issue with the flu vaccine.

Old 08-23-2020, 11:15 AM

3,579 posts, read 4,524,399 times
This is the same as the required polio vaccine.

A Must to protect each other

Old 08-23-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
This is the same as the required polio vaccine.

A Must to protect each other
So you and all these officials can take it first and on TV so everyone can see. And then we will see how you all feel in 3, 5, or 10 years.

Why would someone take a vaccine if they have a 99.8 survival rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts