Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 11:37 AM

12,470 posts, read 9,550,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Because handing it over in person ensures that it was "my" vote on "my" ballot that got there. Of course having no ID requirement, leaves the possibility of some making false identity claims anyway but the potential is much lower there. Why can't they assign you a pin number similar to the census, where I could check back and verify that my ballot was received and properly read? If that were the case, I might be more for it. But then again, that still doesn't solve the problem of one voting on "behalf" of an inactive voter who's chance of following up that he "did not" vote is a virtual nill. What safeguards are in place to prevent such from happening?

How do we know it's so successful in those 5 states? You realize fraud is very hard to catch and prove right? It seems to me like you are assuming honesty and integrity is a universal human trait. Especially given the current climate and what's at stake, that's a fatal mistake to make.
You might like to read the linked article referenced by the earlier one I posted. This one explains many of the safeguards in place.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2601HG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 02:12 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
If you don't want votes counted you destroy them not throw them away where they can be found,.....unless it's a set up to cover the loser's ass.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:23 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,143,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
A guy called a radio station explaining how he tampered with mail-in ballots. he would put the envelope above a boiling pot of water to break the seal on the envelope. there were more details than that but I remember how he opened them up without it looking like they were ripped. voter fraud does happen look at ILHAN Omar and her connection with voter corruption.
Get out of here with these discredited alt-right conspiracies. You’re acting as a conduit for spreading this nonsense.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:31 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,930,102 times
Quote:
A guy called a radio station explaining how he tampered with mail-in ballots. he would put the envelope above a boiling pot of water to break the seal on the envelope. there were more details than that but I remember how he opened them up without it looking like they were ripped. voter fraud does happen look at ILHAN Omar and her connection with voter corruption.
Table of how believable something is:

Peer-reviewed meta-analysis based on many multiple studies.
Single peer-reviewed study
A celebrity saying something on TV
... (x 1000)
A link to some guy yelling something on Youtube
Guy calling into a radio station and explaining something illegal he did
Someone on the internet referencing a guy calling into a radio station and explaining something illegal he did
Letters to Penthouse

Old 09-30-2020, 05:14 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Table of how believable something is:

Peer-reviewed meta-analysis based on many multiple studies.
Single peer-reviewed study
A celebrity saying something on TV
... (x 1000)
A link to some guy yelling something on Youtube
Guy calling into a radio station and explaining something illegal he did
Someone on the internet referencing a guy calling into a radio station and explaining something illegal he did
Letters to Penthouse
there is a chance it might not be true but he gave great detail. some things said on the radio are true.

look voter fraud does happen we can argue to what extent. that was my main point.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Get out of here with these discredited alt-right conspiracies. You’re acting as a conduit for spreading this nonsense.
That is not alt right that is plain right wing. the problem is the people on the left refuse to listen to any right wing material so they are afraid of it. I watch cnn to see how the other side thinks and watch some YouTubers that are considered left wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEW9P05fl1s

they interpreted what was said into English.

there is audio to prove it.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
That is not alt right that is plain right wing. the problem is the people on the left refuse to listen to any right wing material so they are afraid of it. I watch cnn to see how the other side thinks and watch some YouTubers that are considered left wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEW9P05fl1s

they interpreted what was said into English.

there is audio to prove it.
Notice how many disclaimers Hannity places during that segment? It’s because he and Fox News know it’s misinformation and they are attempting to shed liability.

1) It’s been verified that worker was a ‘third party’ collecting ballots for Jamal Osman, a Minneapolis city council candidate.

2) Per Minnesota law, third parties can collect (I.e., “harvest”) ballots to ensure they reach their intended polling station. You might not like it, but there’s nothing fraudulent per MN law.

Caught again, regurgitating #fakenews in this sub.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Notice how many disclaimers Hannity places during that segment? It’s because he and Fox News know it’s misinformation and they are attempting to shed liability.

1) It’s been verified that worker was a ‘third party’ collecting ballots for Jamal Osman, a Minneapolis city council candidate.

2) Per Minnesota law, third parties can collect (I.e., “harvest”) ballots to ensure they reach their intended polling station. You might not like it, but there’s nothing fraudulent per MN law.

Caught again, regurgitating #fakenews in this sub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95fpmgS2cI

something must be going on if the police are investigating. if it was as simple as Minnesota law the police would not be investigating. I heard the ballots where blank.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/min...lot-harvesting they would not lie about police investigating.

quote from site
"According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the state's Supreme Court recently upheld a rule limiting to three the number of absentee ballots any individual could collect. At the same time, it ruled that a similar cap, assisting three people for in casting their ballots in-person, will remain unenforceable."

Old 09-30-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95fpmgS2cI

something must be going on if the police are investigating. if it was as simple as Minnesota law the police would not be investigating. I heard the ballots where blank.
An investigation does not equal guilt. Seems they’re going off purely off a lead from Veritas, which doesn’t exactly have a blemish free record. In fact, it has a terrible record full of bias and intentionally misleading editing.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:49 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,675,087 times
An investigation does not equal guilt. Is this what you were saying for the first three years of this Administration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts