Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 02:03 PM

5,972 posts, read 2,914,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Interesting. Where would these 60 boxes have been placed? Were their measures in place to ensure their integrity, or was it pretty much a free-for-all similar to mail ins?
You can only stuff so many ballots from dead people in a box
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
It's not a "free for all", at least not in MA.

My wife works the voting station for our town and ... rest assured ... if someone intentionally or unintentionally votes via mail-in and in person, it will be identified during ballot inventory and the mail-in vote destroyed. I suppose it's possible for someone to have multiple voter addresses across multiple states, but research on this possible channel of fraud has shown the small number of people who are registered in multiple districts are rarely even aware of it or act upon it.

I.e., the fakest news.
Good , looks like they anticipate fraud.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:59 PM

14,287 posts, read 14,853,794 times
When I lived in Chicago we voted early and often.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:04 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,774,848 times
Quote:

Stop promoting right-wing conspiracies.

GOP is against mass mail-in ballots because it increases overall turnout (in theory) ... which is a bad thing when your party has a shrinking base and reliant on an electoral advantage. It's a simple as that. Actual incidents of fraud are incredibly small and, according to the public data collected, not committed by a single party.

Again ... the fakest news.
Really the fakest news...I’m sure the following Democratic operative would have a few laughs about that one!

Quote:

A top Democratic operative says voter fraud, especially with mail-in ballots, is no myth. And he knows this because he’s been doing it, on a grand scale, for decades.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/politi...il-in-ballots/

Old 09-17-2020, 06:11 PM

23,827 posts, read 18,984,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
When I lived in Chicago we voted early and often.
Chicago. I'm sure you did.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:38 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,161,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Good , looks like they anticipate fraud.
Yeah, and a mechanical engineer anticipates failure. It’s called diligence ... but sure, spin the narrative.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:53 AM

Here's the ruling statement by Judge Bastian.

The legal doc can be reviewed here, for those who enjoy reading legal ease: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq05j72ptz...1.0_1.pdf?dl=0

"Although not necessarily apparent on the surface, at the heart of DeJoy’s and
the Postal Service’s actions is voter disenfranchisement. This is evident in
President Trump’s highly partisan words and tweets, the actual impact of the
changes on primary elections that resulted in uncounted ballots, and recent
attempts and lawsuits by the Republican National Committee and President
Trump’s campaign to stop the States’ efforts to bypass the Postal Service by
utilizing ballot drop boxes, as well as the timing of the changes. It is easy to
conclude that the recent Postal Services’ changes is an intentional effort on the part
the current Administration to disrupt and challenge the legitimacy of upcoming
local, state, and federal elections, especially given that 72% of the decommissioned
high speed mail sorting machines that were decommissioned were located in
counties where Hillary Clinton receive the most votes in 2016.

Moreover, the fact that fourteen States, members of the United States House
of Representatives, members of the United States Senate, and various local and
tribal governments have asked this Court to intervene to prevent the Postal Service
and others from disenfranchising citizens from participating in federal, state, and
local elections suggest that the Postal Service’s actions are not the result of any
legitimate business concerns. DeJoy’s actions fly in the face of Congress’s intent to
insulate the management of the Postal Service from partisan politics and political
influence and acknowledgement that free and fair elections depend on a reliable
mail service"

but yeah ... sure ... nefarious MA Democrats stealing their neighbors mail-in ballot are the REAL problem. Please, spare me the unfounded Trump admin propaganda.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Yeah, and a mechanical engineer anticipates failure. It’s called diligence ... but sure, spin the narrative.
and would you have the same Laissez-faire attitude if the Right had a history of ballot stuffing ? Al Franken2009 , Harry Truman in KC . 1936 ,JFK 1960 in Chicago and Linden Johnson 1948 Senate runoff. just to name a few of a great many Democrat ""wins "

Last edited by ben young; 09-18-2020 at 08:52 AM..

Old 09-18-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
and would you have the same Laissez-faire attitude if the Right had a history of ballot stuffing ? Al Franken2009
Where did I express a Laissez-faire attitude? 'Diligence to mitigate fraud' is very different from 'diligence because of rampant fraud' ... you suggested the latter, where as the former represents reality, IMO with back data.

If you truly believe ballot fraud is a partisan issue, I have something unfortunate to tell you ... team colors have obfuscated your critical thinking. Before dismissing my claim, take a gander at right-wing think-tank Heritage's voter fraud data base: https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search?state=NH

Your own beloved state of NH not only has more evidence of fraud compared to MA, but it also reveals its very much a bipartisan issue ... albeit small in scope. Enjoy your Orwellian echo-chamber up in the 'north country'. GOP is attempting mass disenfranchisement because the demographics are moving against them and, instead of acting upon the RNC's 2012 election post-mortem call for more inclusion, it's base double down on fear and loathing.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:22 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,954,133 times
Is there any evidence the Franklin Clerk's actions were borne of anything more than incompetence?

I would say one of the only advantages of being in a state with few close elections is that voting itself isn't contentious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts