Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 08:04 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,109,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Have you actually tried this yet?
Yes. All 3 members in my family did. I can go online and verify that my primary ballot was "accepted" and state election ballot is "pending".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 08:25 AM

23,598 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yes. All 3 members in my family did. I can go online and verify that my primary ballot was "accepted" and state election ballot is "pending".
Does it actually confirm your votes though?

Old 09-30-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Accepted means it was verified and tallied. What's the point you're making?

Old 09-30-2020, 08:57 AM

12,470 posts, read 9,550,156 times
Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Hawaii have been automatically sending ballots out to all registered voters for years, and it's never been a problem - until a President who's afraid he'll lose the election and has no ethical boundaries ran, and now we hear hysterical ranting about "millions and millions of fraudulent votes" every day.

With the Covid-19 crisis going on, some other states have adopted the same process this year: California, Nevada, New Jersey, Vermont, and Washington, D.C. States who do this have protections in place to prevent someone from voting twice undetected. And again - it's already been done in 5 states for years with no problems. It's only when you throw the con man into the mix that things become chaotic, confusing, and hysterical.

Some actual facts, not "alternative facts", here...
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN2622SZ

Old 09-30-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Accepted means it was verified and tallied. What's the point you're making?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Hawaii have been automatically sending ballots out to all registered voters for years, and it's never been a problem - until a President who's afraid he'll lose the election and has no ethical boundaries ran, and now we hear hysterical ranting about "millions and millions of fraudulent votes" every day.

With the Covid-19 crisis going on, some other states have adopted the same process this year: California, Nevada, New Jersey, Vermont, and Washington, D.C. States who do this have protections in place to prevent someone from voting twice undetected. And again - it's already been done in 5 states for years with no problems. It's only when you throw the con man into the mix that things become chaotic, confusing, and hysterical.

Some actual facts, not "alternative facts", here...
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN2622SZ
You guys either have a very limited imagination, or you are being deliberately obtuse.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:16 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,930,102 times
Quote:
There is no way of confirming who you voted for because voting is secret.

If you don't have faith in the State's ability to accurately record votes, what difference would doing it in person make?

Old 09-30-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post

If you don't have faith in the State's ability to accurately record votes, what difference would doing it in person make?
Bingo! that was why I posed the question as to what was his point...

Old 09-30-2020, 09:18 AM

12,470 posts, read 9,550,156 times
Quote:
You guys either have a very limited imagination, or you are being deliberately obtuse.
Conversely, I think that someone needs a very creative imagination, if they believe that millions of mail-in ballots proves, shows, or even implies millions of fraudulent ballots. Again, there are safeguards in place, and this has been done successfully for years in 5 states. There is simply no factual reason to leap from the antecedent to the consequent in the statement "There are millions of mail-in ballots, so therefore, there will be millions of fraudulent ballots cast". I realize that this is what the President wants us to believe, but the guy can't talk (or tweet) for 5 minutes without making a blatantly false statement, so I don't react to his exhortations anymore.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post

Because handing it over in person ensures that it was "my" vote on "my" ballot that got there. Of course having no ID requirement, leaves the possibility of some making false identity claims anyway but the potential is much lower there. Why can't they assign you a pin number similar to the census, where I could check back and verify that my ballot was received and properly read? If that were the case, I might be more for it. But then again, that still doesn't solve the problem of one voting on "behalf" of an inactive voter who's chance of following up that he "did not" vote is a virtual nill. What safeguards are in place to prevent such from happening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Conversely, I think that someone needs a very creative imagination, if they believe that millions of mail-in ballots proves, shows, or even implies millions of fraudulent ballots. Again, there are safeguards in place, and this has been done successfully for years in 5 states. There is simply no factual reason to leap from the antecedent to the consequent in the statement "There are millions of mail-in ballots, so therefore, there will be millions of fraudulent ballots cast". I realize that this is what the President wants us to believe, but the guy can't talk (or tweet) for 5 minutes without making a blatantly false statement, so I don't react to his exhortations anymore.
How do we know it's so successful in those 5 states? You realize fraud is very hard to catch and prove right? It seems to me like you are assuming honesty and integrity is a universal human trait. Especially given the current climate and what's at stake, that's a fatal mistake to make.

Old 09-30-2020, 10:42 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is funny is how the Republicans don't want mass mail in voting but the Democrats do... I wonder if it was shown that mass mail in voting was going to benefit Trump how hard would the Left be pushing for it?

Absentee voting is one thing but mailing in hundreds of thousands of ballots is another that is ripe for corruption, fraud and deceit. All it takes is one mail carrier to conveniently hold the ballot for anyone on her route that has a Trump sign in their yard or maybe that resident gets mail from the NRA or some other Right Leaning organization that the mail carrier does not approve of. Of course this can work the other way too but time and again the Left has shown that they are willing to stoop low to silence someone that does not agree with them. I have seen Trump signs stolen and vandalized while the Democrat ones remain untouched. A friend had his Trump flag stolen off his boat.

Elections can be close and if even a few hundred are lost, misplaced or suddenly "found" they can sway and election.

There is just too much that can go wrong with mailing in votes. If we can mask up and line up to enter a grocery store then we can do the same to perform our civic duty.
A guy called a radio station explaining how he tampered with mail-in ballots. he would put the envelope above a boiling pot of water to break the seal on the envelope. there were more details than that but I remember how he opened them up without it looking like they were ripped. voter fraud does happen look at ILHAN Omar and her connection with voter corruption.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 09-30-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts