Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 09:20 AM

875 posts, read 664,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post

I am absolutely fascinated that there exist people such as yourself who can suspend disbelief so frequently to stand by an administration that has objectively broken laws, abused power for personal gain, and abused their power some more to evade the consequences...and then immediately snap back to diligent investigator at the mere suggestion of any impropriety by perceived political opponents. Impressive, sir, impressive.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:30 AM

968 posts, read 726,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
They have done worse, and it is on the news so much that he's single-handedly raised the bar of inappropriate to the point that what used to pass for guaranteed resignation is considered just another Tuesday now. If Trump got a dollar for every time he lied, he'd actually be as rich as he claims.
My wife and I were discussing this very point last night. There are SO MANY instances where if any other president in American history did any number of these outrageous things, it would be so scandalous to be front page news for weeks if not longer.

Latest example was walking out of an interview with a famous tv news program, trashing the interviewer via twitter, and then threatening to leak a bootleg version before it airs. That was just two days ago and it's almost out of the news cycle already. Imagine if Obama or GWB did that!!?! It's because it will just be followed up with something equally as outrageous tomorrow, so we collectively do not have enough capacity to deal with all of the insanity that is going on right now. What a time to be alive.

So to that end, the story about the laptop, which on the surface makes less than zero sense, was even doubted within the NY Post newsroom (if that tells you anything). To then to spin this as if the Bidens are a crime syndicate is hilarious, given that the there is much more likely that Trump's children and son-in-law are much more likely to have provided access to him. I mean, there has been smoke about that for 4 years!

Again, everything just defies the laws of common sense, but I guess that's just where we are.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:38 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,142,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb175 View Post
My wife and I were discussing this very point last night. There are SO MANY instances where if any other president in American history did any number of these outrageous things, it would be so scandalous to be front page news for weeks if not longer.

Latest example was walking out of an interview with a famous tv news program, trashing the interviewer via twitter, and then threatening to leak a bootleg version before it airs. That was just two days ago and it's almost out of the news cycle already. Imagine if Obama or GWB did that!!?! It's because it will just be followed up with something equally as outrageous tomorrow, so we collectively do not have enough capacity to deal with all of the insanity that is going on right now. What a time to be alive.

So to that end, the story about the laptop, which on the surface makes less than zero sense, was even doubted within the NY Post newsroom (if that tells you anything). To then to spin this as if the Bidens are a crime syndicate is hilarious, given that the there is much more likely that Trump's children and son-in-law are much more likely to have provided access to him. I mean, there has been smoke about that for 4 years!

Again, everything just defies the laws of common sense, but I guess that's just where we are.
It is why the kiddos are meme'ing the GOP now stands for Gaslight, Obfuscate, Project.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:41 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
I am glad that real news organizations are not peddling this very questionable content which well may be a Russian misinformation effort to influence the election.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:58 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I am glad that real news organizations are not peddling this very questionable content which well may be a Russian misinformation effort to influence the election.
It's been in the Boston Globe and New York Times. I saw it yesterday and today on Peacock's Morning News. So tales of this being "buried" by the "mainstream media" have been exaggerated to play up the "Media/Elite/Deep State against Trump" narrative. And some people fall for it hook, line, and sinker. And given the polling numbers, it's no surprise that this is the tactic. At this point in 2016 the claims of corruption against Clinton coupled with the Federal Investigation were vital to his victory. His campaign is trying to make that happen with the Hunter Biden/laptop stories.

I've read a bit of press on it from both sides - at this point, there's not much new to report on that hasn't been reported on already. There's not much to report on, period. But that's not going to stop outlets like Fox, Breitbart, and I'm sure some "Independent Journalists" on YouTube from running with it. There's really very little reason this would get a ton of airtime on local broadcast news.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:04 AM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...iscovered.html

This is where this thread belongs. Not in a local forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts