Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 10:42 AM

2,944 posts, read 5,185,254 times

Advertisements

Polar Park in Worcester opens in May. That'll be exciting for that region and its families, but I wonder how inexpensive tickets will really be, especially with the novelty of the first summer there. Could be relatively expensive for a family of four, after all.

Does anybody know if commuter rail from North Station to Worcester will have more frequency on game days and nights? (Yes, perhaps a stupid question, considering all of the MBTA cutbacks recently.) I assume it can't be more than a mile from the train station.

Does AAA baseball have the same rule after nine innings when the game is tied as MLB? MLB just created a policy to place a runner on second base in any inning starting in the 10th inning (I believe) to hopefully get a winner sooner and avoid extra-long games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 12:56 PM

2,811 posts, read 2,181,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Does AAA baseball have the same rule after nine innings when the game is tied as MLB? MLB just created a policy to place a runner on second base in any inning starting in the 10th inning (I believe) to hopefully get a winner sooner and avoid extra-long games.
Yes, that rule started in the minor leagues in 2018. Tzu Wei Lin was actually the first extra innings runner on second ever, in Pawtucket in April 2018.

Last edited by mp775; 04-19-2021 at 01:17 PM..

Old 04-19-2021, 01:15 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,137,060 times
Quote:
Polar Park in Worcester opens in May. That'll be exciting for that region and its families, but I wonder how inexpensive tickets will really be, especially with the novelty of the first summer there. Could be relatively expensive for a family of four, after all.
Expensive is relative.

The better seats are said to be in the $30-40 range which is significantly cheaper than equivalent seats at Fenway, or flying to Camden Yards ... which used to be my preferred approach back when I had a couch to crash on in Fells Point.

Old 04-19-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
Yes, that rule started in the minor leagues in 2018. Tzu Wei Lin was actually the first extra innings runner on second ever, in Pawtucket in April 2018.
Interesting!

Old 04-19-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Expensive is relative.

The better seats are said to be in the $30-40 range which is significantly cheaper than equivalent seats at Fenway, or flying to Camden Yards ... which used to be my preferred approach back when I had a couch to crash on in Fells Point.
If you will be in Dallas soon, Red Sox AT Texas Rangers tix on Stubhub starts at $6 for the cheapest seats, peaking at $18 or so for the four-game serues -- for bad seats but in a new ballpark.

It's the darn service fees that'll make one just say no. Isn't it per seat, not per order? I've heard in recent years that Stubhub adds a $10-$30 service fee per SEAT?

Old 04-19-2021, 05:42 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It’s still possible.

Liverpool was knocked out of the European Champions League quarterfinals by Real Madrid yesterday. I canceled Paramount+ until I need the CBS feed for Patriots games. 7 more English Premier League matches left and Liverpool pretty much has to win out to to finish in the top 4 to qualify for Champions League next year. Fenway Sports Group gets my eyeballs that way.

I go back to Yaz, Reggie Smith, and Conig in the outfield. This is the first time in my life I don’t know the Red Sox outfielders. With the cord cut with Comcast, it’s going to continue to be a mystery. I guess if they continue to not suck, they’ll get more national games. I’d pay per view to watch a few games but I’m not going to pay a big monthly fee to have NESN access.
I think it'd be very difficult to continue to support Henry's ownership of Liverpool after this ESL debacle. Same for Glazer, but there aren't local ties there.

Elitist money-grab. He and others are introducing the worst greed of American sports into a European system that has had tradition and history of putting the game above all else. If you are a Liverpool fan because of Henry, it's time to rethink that.

And to tie it back to the Sox: this is a troubling line of thought. This is a billionaire out for no one but himself.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:18 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
94-68

Old 04-20-2021, 02:31 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,318,712 times
Quote:
If you will be in Dallas soon, Red Sox AT Texas Rangers tix on Stubhub starts at $6 for the cheapest seats, peaking at $18 or so for the four-game serues -- for bad seats but in a new ballpark.

It's the darn service fees that'll make one just say no. Isn't it per seat, not per order? I've heard in recent years that Stubhub adds a $10-$30 service fee per SEAT?
The fee is a percentage. Fees can and often do get into the hundreds of dollars per seat.

EDIT: also, the line item I see it as is per order, not per seat, though more seats will be a higher service fee, so it's correlated.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:37 PM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
FWIW - the Sox released a new wave of tickets today for the remainder of this month. I bought seats to two weeknight games for pretty cheap. Just checked and there's availability for next Wednesday night starting at around $15/each, and more availability throughout the month.

Old 05-05-2021, 09:16 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
91-71
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts