Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 06:08 PM

17,860 posts, read 9,291,314 times

Advertisements

Phillip Adams - He played in six games for the New England Patriots during the 2011 season.

Former New England Patriot Kills 5 Then Commits Suicide, According to Reports

"Former New England Patriot Phillip Adams allegedly killed five people including a prominent doctor and two of the doctor's grandchildren in South Carolina before killing himself, according to reports.

ESPN reports that person speaking on “anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly,” said
Adams' parents lived near the doctor's home in Rock Hill, and that he had been treated by the doctor.

He said Adams killed himself after midnight with a .45-caliber weapon."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 06:23 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,067,541 times
Rug has already been lifted and brooms are being brought in as we speak...

Old 04-08-2021, 06:41 PM

16,619 posts, read 8,340,018 times
I saw this but didn't realize he played for the patriots as well. Yikes.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:37 PM

12,194 posts, read 8,080,607 times
Murder is starting to fit more soundly with the New England Patriots over the Kennedy family.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:13 AM

7,932 posts, read 7,840,419 times
I wouldn't pin this on the patriots he played for a number. NFL is also said to be Not for Long. The average NFL career is 3.5 years. Obviously that sounds short since we are used to Tom Brady. But the fact of the matter is there's quite a number of those that get cut during preseason. 3rd stringers get cut by the actual season.

It isn't that far to suggest he may have CTE. Oddly I had a conversation with a colleague I last saw about 11 years ago. He almost broke his neck in a rugby accident. The accident caused his academics to pause for a year. He later was in a car accident still in litigation.

Sports are dangerous. I even knew a guy in high school that lost 20% of his sign in one eye due to a tennis accident. But your more physical sports ultimately I think we might be better taking a 1970's/80s mindset. I could see some sort of robotic team. Think battlebots but more sophisticated.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:10 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,330,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Murder is starting to fit more soundly with the New England Patriots over the Kennedy family.
It does make me think all those Pats fan jokes about the Ravens being a bunch of thugs and murderers some years back aren't aging too well.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:20 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,332,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
It does make me think all those Pats fan jokes about the Ravens being a bunch of thugs and murderers some years back aren't aging too well.
The narrative doesn’t align with the facts. He was a special teamer and depth defensive back who was on and off the roster for half a season years ago. The 46th man on a 46 man roster. He played in 78 games over 6 seasons. He played half of his 2nd season for the Patriots.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:26 AM

976 posts, read 732,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
While I agree with this premise overall (those quips were in poor taste even at the time), I would draw a line between this specific player's involvement with the Patriots and the crime. This was someone whose name half the team probably didn't even know since he was here for a third of one season (even if the crimes were just as bad), and that was 11 years ago.

This is not Aaron Hernandez, where one could reasonably argue the culture at both the University of Florida and the Patriots conceivably enabled a psychopath to operate freely and without scrutiny. This reflects poorly on professional football, and the culture of guns & violence in this country that has practically been legislated in the name of "individual rights" & self-reliance, but I think the headline here is a bit misleading & provocative, even if technically true.

But I'm a biased Patriots fan.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:58 AM

604 posts, read 564,256 times
I should be used to this in this forum by now, but some verrry edgy takes in this thread. The dude barely sniffed the jocks of the pats locker room, he only suited up for 6 careers to sit on the bench for the pats duing his short undistinguished pro career. The pats by no means shaped him into a murderer the way some of you are insinuating.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:08 AM

15,811 posts, read 20,578,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The narrative doesn’t align with the facts. He was a special teamer and depth defensive back who was on and off the roster for half a season years ago. The 46th man on a 46 man roster. He played in 78 games over 6 seasons. He played half of his 2nd season for the Patriots.
I agree He barely played for the patriots. I bet die hard patriots fans during the 2011 season don't even know who he is.

He also played for San Francisco, The Jets, the Falcons, Oakland and Seattle. He played 2 full seasons for Oakland.

The two teams he spent the least time with were Seattle (1 game) and the Patriots (6 games). He was a virtual non-factor for both teams

Doesn't excuse what he did. I guess he was being treated by the Dr, who decided to stop giving him whatever meds he was on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts