Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 06:31 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,785,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
nevermind- place failed inspection.

lol. But still a good thread to continue.
Sorry to hear that. But yea the woes of a overpriced housing market...minimal maintenance need be done for a property to sell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 06:45 PM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Haverhill does have some problems with crime. But no worse than Boston. I have seen that in the past year or two there's been some nice development there along the river, new housing going up and new restaurants that are are opening up, so I think it is ascending.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:37 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Sorry to hear that. But yea the woes of a overpriced housing market...minimal maintenance need be done for a property to sell
Its a fun housing market because you think you are moving to A but three months later you are looking at B C D E and F. Its like everyday is a different story. Frustrating but it is what it is.

But place was overpowered for what it was imho

Old 04-21-2021, 05:07 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,023,763 times
Of the three big MV cities, Haverhill is the largest by land area, and there's a little of everything there. My brother lived in the (relatively) bucolic nook near Atkinson. Downtown is decent. The Aves...meh. Lake K is nice. And so on. Of the three (Lowell, Lawrence, Haverhill) I'd pick Haverhill.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:02 PM

959 posts, read 539,979 times
Not sure if it’s relevant, but affordable housing will be built there https://whav.net/2021/06/17/gov-bake...hington-homes/

Old 07-04-2021, 09:02 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
My family has deep roots in Haverhill on both sides, and I was born there, so I've had a front-row seat for years to watch it bounce back from the blight that was urban renewal and the demise of industry downtown.

If I could make my commute work, I would have bought there a few years ago. Even now, I'm considering whether I could justify the commute to the Waltham area if I only have to go into the office twice a week. Condos in Haverhill are a good buy compared to most of eastern Mass, especially the closer you get to the commuter rail.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:17 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
My family has deep roots in Haverhill on both sides, and I was born there, so I've had a front-row seat for years to watch it bounce back from the blight that was urban renewal and the demise of industry downtown.

If I could make my commute work, I would have bought there a few years ago. Even now, I'm considering whether I could justify the commute to the Waltham area if I only have to go into the office twice a week. Condos in Haverhill are a good buy compared to most of eastern Mass, especially the closer you get to the commuter rail.
We should do a job swap lol. My company's moving to Haverhill next year. Not that I'm terribly worried about the longer commute from Woburn, but Waltham would be appealing

Old 07-05-2021, 11:58 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
We should do a job swap lol. My company's moving to Haverhill next year. Not that I'm terribly worried about the longer commute from Woburn, but Waltham would be appealing

I'm sorry about your longer commute, but it's nice to hear about businesses moving INTO Haverhill!

Old 07-05-2021, 12:07 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm sorry about your longer commute, but it's nice to hear about businesses moving INTO Haverhill!
Yes, the city & mayor have been very welcoming. It's still against traffic for me, so I'm not going to get any sympathy on this forum...plus the past year has demonstrated that I don't need to go in every day

Old 07-07-2021, 01:14 PM

2,372 posts, read 1,856,713 times
It seems to be going in a good direction. Steadily improved over the past 30 or more years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts