Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 01:58 PM

4 posts, read 11,005 times

Advertisements

We are moving out of Boston in a few months looking at these 6 areas. If you have helpful info on any of these it would be appreciated (crime/safety, neighborhoods, etc.). One of us works in S. Walpole and the other in Hingham. We are renting for the time being, but are looking at buying w/in a year or so.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 05:31 AM

4 posts, read 20,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj08 View Post
We are moving out of Boston in a few months looking at these 6 areas. If you have helpful info on any of these it would be appreciated (crime/safety, neighborhoods, etc.). One of us works in S. Walpole and the other in Hingham. We are renting for the time being, but are looking at buying w/in a year or so.

Thanks in advance!
We are in the process of moving out of Holbrook, and I would suggest being careful in deciding to move here. If you plan to rely on town services, you should make yourself fully aware of the town's current financial problems before buying. We are leaving to find a better public school system for our son. Every town in MA is currently facing budget cuts, but Holbrook seems to be in more trouble than most.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:42 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,911,932 times
Bridgewater is undergoing severe financial problems. The library has been decertified by the state. Home

Parts of Stoughton, Canton and Milton are very nice. You may want to do a search of the message boards here. You should be aware that towns closest to Brockton tend to have more problems with certain types of crime.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:24 PM

6 posts, read 24,710 times
Default My opinion on Canton

I have lived in Canton and taught in the school system for 15 years....have two daughters off to college and both were accepted to very good (even an IVY league) colleges. I've been happy with the quality of public education here...just passed an override in town so that educational quality can be maintained. Sharon does boast higher overall SAT scores than Canton, but the taxes are astronomical! (We have friends that live there!) The traffic in Canton is increasing because of growing industry in Stoughton and Westwood causing many people to use residential neighborhoods as cut through roads.Now that my girls are off to college, I'm entertaining moving to North Carolina...if your interested in real estate!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 07:44 AM

19 posts, read 75,294 times
I'll throw in my two cents for Milton. Since one of you is driving down Rt. 3 to Hingham and the other is going down Rt. 24 to Walpole, Milton is ideal, since it's at the juncture of both roads. We also have very low crime rates, despite our proximity to Boston. Milton is a very well-policed town, with nice, quiet neighborhoods. Come have a look for yourself. Braintree and Canton would also be a good midway point for both your commutes and are lovely towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts