Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 07:16 PM

17 posts, read 21,527 times

Advertisements

I was just watching the Joe Rogan podcast and Joe was talking with Bill Burr about some old school Boston Fist fights. Joe made an interesting point that Boston was a particularly “fightey” place with a culture of not shooting or stabbing but “beating the **** out or you.” Does anyone else have any Boston fist fight stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2022, 09:21 AM

7,930 posts, read 7,831,350 times
Eh.kerp in mind gangs today use guns. Back in the day it was fists. I lived in Springfield and some miss the mob because someone would get beat up but not killed.

Boston corner could be an interesting movie
https://www.newenglandhistoricalsoci...lost-new-york/

Old 01-16-2022, 01:26 PM

21,698 posts, read 12,836,228 times
Yes— but this doesn’t feel like the place for them, sorry.

Old 01-17-2022, 06:41 AM

17,813 posts, read 9,247,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Yes— but this doesn’t feel like the place for them, sorry.
Why not?

Old 01-17-2022, 07:14 AM

16,491 posts, read 8,281,655 times
Back in 2002 or so I was on a flight from San Diego to Boston. There was a family of people, I'm not sure where they were from but they seemed kind of hillbillyish and they had been at a wedding the night before. They were loud and obnoxious, some were hungover. At one point one of the people started to have a medical issue. I'm not sure what was happening but i think he fainted. The staff were nice saying don't worry we can turn the plane around if we have to or make a stop if the needs medical attention (I remember thinking Dear God please don't let us have to turn around or make a stop). We made it to Boston without stopping anywhere. Once we got to Logan this family got priority to get off the plane first due to the medical issue...they seemed to be taking a looong time getting themselves off the plane and at one point a kid in his 20's started to go...this upset one of the family members and he yelled oh i'll sock you which created quite a ruckus since this was just after 2001. He was physically held back by family members and the staff were upset and there was just a lot of choas. I recall the captain coming out of the cockpit with his hat on and was angrily like, what seems to be the problem here?

I remember just wanted to get the hell off of that plane.

That is really the only interesting story i have...a baby threw up on a few people on another occasion.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Why not?
Too many hostile judgey people on the Boston forum nowadays. It’s uncomfortable.

Old 01-17-2022, 08:56 AM

16,491 posts, read 8,281,655 times
Default re

Quote:
Too many hostile judgey people on the Boston forum nowadays. It’s uncomfortable.
?? Now you have to tell the story.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:45 AM

23,674 posts, read 18,782,718 times
Quote:

Dude we have a regular forum member here who basically admitted to have been a member of FSU (Friends Stand United), as well as more recent extremely antisocial acts. I think you'll be OK!

Old 01-17-2022, 11:14 AM

Well, there's a couple. My most memorable Boston fight story I was 19/20. I was in Quincy, and I was with my girlfriend. We pulled into some plaza near the Walmart and she was driving looking for a parking space, and the dude raced and cut her off. she pulled off and gave him a long finger with a lot of eye contact, and he got out and called me the N-word. So I got out of the moving car and asked him "what you call me *****?" So it's these two husky Eastern European dues in the late 30s early 40s. One of them pushes me back, so I assume a boxing stance, and I punch one dude in The face- bam, quick jab.

The other due swings and misses and I hit him with an uppercut. His most T starts to bleed, and I'm back in my stance. At this point these dudes realize that this is not my first go-round so they're trying to wave it off and get me to calm down but I'm pretty livid, huffing and puffing. I don't swing but I was talking ALOT of braggadocious **** and while the other dude is tryna calm the situation down, the sneak ass b*tch is in the background calling the cops on me… so I get T nervous and pull off to the Walmart but my girlfriend is stressed because it was her car and convinced me to go back. When I get back, the police are there and they're talking to the police get a statement from them, then my girlfriend then me. He tells me basically this could go either way because I got out of my car to in it site the fight but the other dude pushed me first. No one pressed charges but I did consider going to their business and starting more ****. It was like "Grady and Frady" something business…

Scene of the fight: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.2411...7i16384!8i8192

I got into a fight outside of Society on High the next year with a guy in line who Was arguing with my friend in line. It was a skirmish of about 4 of us versus 2 of them and it was a thrashing, more or less. Needless to say, we did not get in.

One other memorable one was at Walsh Playground in Dorchester. By boy Bernard had gone into a kid house who owed him $60, the kid wasn't there so he kinda barged in past his little brother took his shoes-came back to the playground and set his sneakers on fire. About 15 minutes later, the kid comes to the park with his little brother and a bat he IMMEDIATELY swings Bernard, at which point my and my boy Ky join in... but we loss. I was pretty scared of the bat ngl, it was metal and i got hit in the lower back.

Scene of the fight: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.2763...7i16384!8i8192

I come from a family that doesnt shy away from fighting. My dad grew up in boys and girls clubs in Jersey and had the opportunity to fight Marvin Hagler before he moved to Brockton (he said 'it felt like it was two of him in there'). He boxed as an amateur for two years before he moved to Atlanta. My mother and her siblings grew up during Boston bussing, and they often fought because they had to - my uncle, in particular was brutal and beat a racist white kid with a cinderblock...

As a family we always watched Friday night fight on Showtime and kept boxing equipment in the basement. My rother fathers and I often play wresltled and our dad taught us a lot of moves. We also fought I'm talking head through the wall, kicks to the face/broken nose...In 7th grade I wont a middle school wrestling tournament but preferred boxing despite the urges of coaches at RL. Ive always been a strong kid, and my family was never non-violence. Indeed my dad was maybe even a proponent of violence... My size/athleticism 6' 220lbs naturally, like no working out....that has made me never really back down from a fight. I was even fighting at RL during Football games to the point where I had to get pulled out of classes to sort of tell my side of the story, or the play would zoom right by me... and abroad during college. I was arrested for it during study abroad.

It wasnt until I was about 23 that a friend of mine (Ky) was teling his dad how '[i] had hands' and his dad sort of said "oh yea? you know you gotta be careful; you could go to jail." He is a Parole Officer. It never really dawned on me until then that there were real consequences to this and it made an impact. I didnt have a fight again for 5 years until about 3 months ago when I had been drinking.

I have been known to have the Boston mentality of wanting an excuse to fight. Especially with my friends. its like an adrenaline rush/high. And with friends its like bonding..

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 01-17-2022 at 11:39 AM..

Old 01-17-2022, 11:40 AM

23,674 posts, read 18,782,718 times
Quote:
Well there’s a couple. My most memorable Boston fight story I was 19/20 I was in Quincy and I was with my girlfriend we pulled into some plaza near the WalMart and she was driving looking for a parking space and the dude raced and cut her off. she pulled off and gave him a long finger with a lot of eye contact and he got out and called me the N-word. So I got out of the moving car and asked him “what you call me *****?” So it’s these two husky Eastern European dues in the late 30s early 40s. One of them pushes me back so I assume a boxing stance and I punch one dude I. The face- bam, quick jab.

The other due swings and misses and I hit him with an upper cut. His most T starts to bleed and I’m back in my stance at this point these dudes realize that this is not my first go-round so they’re trying to wave it off and get me to calm down but I’m pretty livid huffing and puffing. I don’t swing but I was talking ALOT of braggadocious **** and while the other dude is tryna calm the situation down the sneak ass b*tch is in the background calling the cops on me… so I get T nervous and pull off to the Walmart but my girlfriend is stressed because it was her car and convinces me to go back. When I get back the police are there and they’re talking to the police get a statement from them, then my girlfriend then me. He tells me basically this could go either way because I got out of my car to in it site the fight but the other dude pushed me first. No one pressed charges but I did consider going to their business and starting more ****. It was like “Grady and Frady” something business…

Funny, years ago somebody tried to start something with me outside that Walgreens over there (little knucklehead trying to be big bad/impress his girl...). It didn't turn physical, but I woke up the next morning to one of my tires being slashed. Was crazy, because usually I'm pretty good about knowing when I'm being followed, etc.. Might have kept his lights off...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts