Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 09:22 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,729,269 times

Advertisements

I see big trucks in the left lane all the time. No one cares I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 06:43 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
I see big trucks in the left lane all the time. No one cares I guess.

I see the truck staties (The guys in the unmarked Suburbans or F150) pull trucks in the left lane over all the time on I-95 north of town. You figure they would know the rules while driving a commercial vehicle.

Buses are OK in the left lanes.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:55 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Trucks are limited to the 2 right lanes on a 3 or 4 lane highway

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Gener...er89/Section4C

I can't find anything on having something in tow in the left lanes. I've found it for other states though.
I drove I-71 between Columbus & Cleveland yesterday...and thank God we have this law in MA!

Old 07-28-2022, 02:10 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,729,269 times
This happened to me again yesterday. I was turning left onto a side street, turned on my blinker. A Ford Mach E pulled out and tried to hit me before I turned. We both hit our brakes and I had to swing right in order to get around him.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:49 PM

3,586 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
This happened to me again yesterday. I was turning left onto a side street, turned on my blinker. A Ford Mach E pulled out and tried to hit me before I turned. We both hit our brakes and I had to swing right in order to get around him.
I hope you honked! I was second in line at a red light yesterday in Swellesley, the lady in front of me in an S5 convertible with the top down and wearing a wide brim hat didn't go when the light turned green. I gave it about 15 seconds and she still didn't go so I honked. She then waved her hand up in the air twice as if to say what the hell. How dare I interrupt her while she was texting or checking her instagram feed! lol

Old 07-28-2022, 03:31 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
I drive around all day long and I come across this pretty rarely. A larger issue IMO is that SO many people don't know how to make a square turn. It's incredible how many people cut off their turn and drive through oncoming traffic when making a turn.

Old 07-28-2022, 06:53 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I drive around all day long and I come across this pretty rarely. A larger issue IMO is that SO many people don't know how to make a square turn. It's incredible how many people cut off their turn and drive through oncoming traffic when making a turn.

Hard to make a tight turn when there's a phone in one hand!

Old 08-03-2022, 08:27 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
It's incredible how many people cut off their turn and drive through oncoming traffic when making a turn.
I hate that. Couple times i've had people yell at me when i'm coming up to the stop line in my lane while they are cutting over the double yellow. My fault for almost hitting them trying to shave 0.0004s off their commute.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how egregious (and obvious) the offense is, the minute you beep your horn at a bad driver they instantly start arguing with you like your the A-hole.

Old 08-03-2022, 08:42 AM

3,586 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
I hate that. Couple times i've had people yell at me when i'm coming up to the stop line in my lane while they are cutting over the double yellow. My fault for almost hitting them trying to shave 0.0004s off their commute.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how egregious (and obvious) the offense is, the minute you beep your horn at a bad driver they instantly start arguing with you like your the A-hole.

Love the ones that pass on solid double yellows to get in front of you because they don't want to go the speed limit behind you. Then, once they are in front they all of a sudden forget where the gas pedal is.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:57 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:

That drives me NUTS. It really makes me crazy when people ignore lane markings.

When I was a fairly new driver, I was approaching a four way intersection at a high rate of speed. Meanwhile, another driver in a massive Chevy Suburban was making a left turn coming from my right and cut through my lane as I approached the intersection.

He pulled up next to me and started yelling and screaming at me "don't you see the red light?!?!?!" I responded "Does it look like I'm moving????" He was completely dumbfounded and stared at me blankly for a moment and then drove off.

There's nothing worse than when someone breaks the rules (which are there to keep everyone safe) and then blames you for the near miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts