Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 07:33 AM

5,174 posts, read 2,747,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Massachusetts is a sanctuary state. It would be the height of hypocrisy for Massachusetts politicians to say the undocumented are unwanted there. All sanctuary states should be prepared to receive these folks.
I thought this was rich:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...ed-from-tx-az/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 07:56 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,092,011 times
Quote:
Massachusetts is a sanctuary state. It would be the height of hypocrisy for Massachusetts politicians to say the undocumented are unwanted there. All sanctuary states should be prepared to receive these folks.
It doesn't seem to me that the receiving of these folks is the problem. The larger issue is how it was handled. These human beings were treated only marginally better than trash. How would you like it if someone dropped you off in the middle of the Brazil and expected you to be able to find your way?

Old 09-15-2022, 08:25 AM

2,282 posts, read 1,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricka View Post
i just realized that every area of the country along the southern border usually votes republican, even california (San Diego).
Biden won both San Diego and Imperial by over 20 points. Same for Hillary in 2016.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:30 AM

3,529 posts, read 2,869,460 times
Quote:
A sanctuary for whom?

Old 09-15-2022, 08:32 AM

3,529 posts, read 2,869,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
It doesn't seem to me that the receiving of these folks is the problem. The larger issue is how it was handled. These human beings were treated only marginally better than trash. How would you like it if someone dropped you off in the middle of the Brazil and expected you to be able to find your way?
Depends on what part of Brazil I end up. I would likely end up a dead man in the Amazon. In Rio Grande do Sul, I would have a better chance.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:39 AM

16,897 posts, read 8,569,313 times
send them back to south america

Old 09-15-2022, 08:43 AM

33,348 posts, read 12,669,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
There seems to be a disconnect by some more liberal, homogenous, northern states that don't have a lot of illegal immigrants (Vermont, I'm looking at you). There's this belief everyone in the Southwest and Florida is a horrible racist because they want to have genuine border security - when in reality most of us in the north will never have to deal with the fallout of a porous border.

That being said, DeSanctis may be doing this because because he's trying to make a point, forgetting the fact that he's using actual human beings as pawns in his silly chess match with "liberals." If he really cared, he'd make an appointment with the President to see what can be done and commence a governor's meeting where he discusses temporary placement for these migrants.

But he's not gonna do that. He's rather "own the libs" than actually work on a 50 state solution. Solutions are for nerds. Publicity stunts are for guys who want to b President.

I can't stand Trump, but we could have had a deal if Chuck and Nancy hadn't insisted on keeping the visa lottery and chain migration.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:47 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,092,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Depends on what part of Brazil I end up. I would likely end up a dead man in the Amazon. In Rio Grande do Sul, I would have a better chance.
I'm glad you saw my point.

These people were likely really scared and incredibly confused. Chances are they weren't going to end up dead but the way they were treated (being dumped in a strange place where they don't speak the language) could not remotely be described as kind.

The was clearly a giant FU to send these people to a resort area in a liberal state. "Hey you want these folks? You can have em! In fact, I'm going to dump them on the doorstep of your vacation home." I'm not a liberal by any stretch of the imagination (apparently I'm one of the few moderates left in this ridiculously polarized country) but I find people like Desantis reprehensible and yes there are Democrats I would be happy to say the same thing about. There are good and bad people on both sides of the aisle.

Also, just want to say that I love when there's some kind of political discussion thread and all these Republicans from around the country come out of the woodwork who have never previously joined us in MA oriented discussions.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:48 AM

16,897 posts, read 8,569,313 times
They are taking up space in our towns and schools. We don't need more people here. Why can't others understand that? They came here illegally.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:00 AM

23,828 posts, read 18,984,813 times
Nowhere does it mention the status of these people. Legal? Illegal? Asylum seekers? How did Florida authorities encounter them in the first place? Little "details" like this kind of matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts