Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 08:24 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,075,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
You've said this a few times now. What makes you think this is happening? What even is the median and how are we sure it's accurate? Lots of people get paid under the table and cheat on taxes around here
Median household income is ~$86K right now, anyone making more than that is rich and needs to pay their fair share(tm) in the name of centered green new equitable equity. Sounds absurd, I know, but our politburo is striving to be left of Mao and no longer has any checks and balances in place meaning today’s absurdity could very well be tomorrow’s reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Source?
Common sense - we no longer have flat tax and centering green new equitable equity justice ain’t cheap, where do you think that money is going to come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 09:32 PM

6,139 posts, read 5,109,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Got mine in the mail today. It was much more than I expected!
Same...safe to say I was stunned!

Old 11-16-2022, 09:29 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,526,504 times
State says it's about halfway through payments, and expects to be complete by Dec 14.

Source: one of the local new channels. I don't have a link because I read it on my phone this AM.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:32 AM

3,632 posts, read 1,859,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Median household income is ~$86K right now, anyone making more than that is rich and needs to pay their fair share(tm) in the name of centered green new equitable equity. Sounds absurd, I know, but our politburo is striving to be left of Mao and no longer has any checks and balances in place meaning today’s absurdity could very well be tomorrow’s reality.

Common sense - we no longer have flat tax and centering green new equitable equity justice ain’t cheap, where do you think that money is going to come from?
Median HHI ~$86K is not rich....at least not in this state!

Old 11-16-2022, 09:38 AM

16,424 posts, read 8,233,962 times
And what if it's a single person making $86k, are they taxed as well?

Old 11-16-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
And what if it's a single person making $86k, are they taxed as well?
Don't ask me, ask our commies in charge. I'm sure they have the new equitably equitable tax brackets all worked out.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:13 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Don't ask me, ask our commies in charge. I'm sure they have the new equitably equitable tax brackets all worked out.
I think you are mistaken. The HHI median is 86 and it hardly constitute "rich"...In fact, a family surviving on 86 K a year is almost unimaginable at least in the Boston Metro area.....

And what "millionaire tax" are you referring to? Q 1 ? That is for homes or income over 1 million and there is a HUGE space between 86K and 1 million per year HHI or individual income. If you don't want to pay any taxes, then maybe consider moving to NH. But in NH, I think they still get you through property tax anyway so you will pay the taxman one way or the other so long as you choose to live in civilized society. Taxes and eventual death are the two sure thing for all of us.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:30 AM

531 posts, read 426,516 times
I got mine on Monday via a paper check even though my refund came in as DD. It was more than I expected but I didn’t really run the numbers ahead of time either.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:32 AM

16,424 posts, read 8,233,962 times
I think he is just saying this is where we are possibly headed someday. Anyone making money in this state will be taxes more and those days could be coming soon. It doesn't matter if you think 86k is a lot or not if that's what the median is.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I think you are mistaken. The HHI median is 86 and it hardly constitute "rich"...In fact, a family surviving on 86 K a year is almost unimaginable at least in the Boston Metro area.....

And what "millionaire tax" are you referring to? Q 1 ? That is for homes or income over 1 million and there is a HUGE space between 86K and 1 million per year HHI or individual income. If you don't want to pay any taxes, then maybe consider moving to NH. But in NH, I think they still get you through property tax anyway so you will pay the taxman one way or the other so long as you choose to live in civilized society. Taxes and eventual death are the two sure thing for all of us.
Dont forget, the state is run by a bunch of Mao cosplayers and poverty pimps who no longer have Charlie to keep them in check. $86K might seem like a barely scraping by number to me and you but to them anyone getting paid more than average is enemy of the people who must be taxed into oblivion.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we see 30/2.5 individual income tax brackets soon - 2.5% 0-30 so commies can pat themselves on the back for being so equitable and progressive, 5% 30-60 because 120K household income is enough for everyone(tm,) 7.5% 60-90 because you gotta pay the troll toll and 10% over 90 because eat the rich and in commie eyes individuals making more than average household are rich and must be eaten. Oh, and that millionaire tax isn't going anywhere but it will be on top of 10%, and chances are it will be more than an extra 4%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts