Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2023, 09:13 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
You may check Southern New Hampshire ,homes are about 200k cheaper than just across the bord.
Coming from Texas you'll appreciate the lower impact of gubbermint and greater personal freedoms New Hampshire has to offer. You'll keep more of your earnings too.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2023, 11:18 AM

3,586 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Coming from Texas you'll appreciate the lower impact of gubbermint and greater personal freedoms New Hampshire has to offer. You'll keep more of your earnings too.
Be prepped for like $13k in property tax on an acre lot, 2-3000 sq ft house though.

Old 12-15-2023, 01:32 PM

3,371 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I would think you would have more personal freedoms in Texas then in New Hampshire. Maybe years ago new Hampshire was really free. Though I know there are lefty parts of Texas like Austin. Lots of Massachusetts people move to New Hampshire and make it less free by voting.

Old 12-15-2023, 01:54 PM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
The only thing I can think of that one can do in NH that they can't do in MA is ride a motorcycle without a helmet...and that just seems dumb. What else can you really do in NH that you can't do in MA?

it seems like there is far more to do in MA than in NH...I am not one to give props to MA often these days but I'd prefer to live in MA over NH. There are more opportunities in MA than in NH....yes MA is more expensive...but what exactly do people want to do in NH that they can't do in MA (other than the helmet thing).

Old 12-15-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
The only thing I can think of that one can do in NH that they can't do in MA is ride a motorcycle without a helmet...and that just seems dumb. What else can you really do in NH that you can't do in MA?

it seems like there is far more to do in MA than in NH...I am not one to give props to MA often these days but I'd prefer to live in MA over NH. There are more opportunities in MA than in
NH....yes MA is more expensive...but what exactly do people want to do in NH that they can't do in MA (other than the helmet thing).
Fireworks are legal in New Hampshire. The COVID restrictions were not as bad as mass. During COVID I had to buy new sneakers and the shoe stores were closed. I drove to New Hampshire to buy sneakers. People were not wearing masks in stores where in mass they would yell at you outside if you were not wearing one. I wanted to watch a movie without a dumb mask I went to the new Hampshire forum asking where I could do that and they said not in southern New hampshire and if i drove more up north i could. I don't know if they sell pot in new Hampshire yet but that's about the only thing more free in mass.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 12-15-2023 at 02:10 PM..

Old 12-15-2023, 02:05 PM

Fireworks are bad for the environement and they scare animals and some people. I am fine with them on holidays but who the heck wants to hear then every weekend? When I lived in the city at the beginning of covid they were going off all the time...it was bizzarre. Where I live now anytime they go off (it isnt often) someone goes to the town facebook page asking what's happening lol.

there are parts of NH that are beautiful...anyone can enjoy those sights. If people prefer a more rural country area I get that. I'm just not sure what is so much more free about NH than MA. Covid is a bad example...it wasn't that long and it's over.

Old 12-15-2023, 02:07 PM

There has to be a list of things you can do there that you can't here. Not to mention the mentality of the people are a lot bette
They closed trails in mass during COVID . It has a authoritarian feel to it but not so much after COVID is over . It's still authoritarian. COVID was the perfect example it showed mass mentality to the fullest. I thought I was living in the twilight zone. Those three years felt like ten to me being forced to wear a mask and inconveniences like having to sign up for gym time.
Everyone was crazy . New Hampshire does not want to ban gas blowers.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 12-15-2023 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-15-2023, 02:45 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

it seems like there is far more to do in MA than in NH...I am not one to give props to MA often these days but I'd prefer to live in MA over NH. There are more opportunities in MA than in NH....yes MA is more expensive...but what exactly do people want to do in NH that they can't do in MA (other than the helmet thing).
You can get a gun without the hassle it is here.

Old 12-15-2023, 02:56 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
seems like plenty of people get guns here in MA

Old 12-15-2023, 02:57 PM

325 posts, read 924,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Good, because coming from Texas to Mass will probably make you want to shoot yourself in the head after a couple months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts