Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2024, 07:49 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It might be worse. Another theory is they will trade citizenship for military service. Now they are citizens and even so they are not really loyal to the United States and will follow all orders even if evil.
Beyond far-fetched, considering that even DACA recipients have been in limbo for decades. If anything, legalizing their status should have been a slam dunk.

Not to mention...even if some of these migrants become citizens decades from now, they can vote any way they want, for Right or Left. Look no further than the Cuban emigrant community for proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2024, 08:20 AM

85 posts, read 31,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
well they might not have a choice if they have no money. but that's the problem with MA...we want to give people all these choices.
Things are going to get very, very interesting when several millions of mostly young males who got a taste of all sorts of freebies are told the are no more freebies...

Old 02-26-2024, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Beyond far-fetched, considering that even DACA recipients have been in limbo for decades. If anything, legalizing their status should have been a slam dunk.

Not to mention...even if some of these migrants become citizens decades from now, they can vote any way they want, for Right or Left. Look no further than the Cuban emigrant community for proof.
It's called critical mass - legalizing a few DACAs will **** off a lot of voters and end up being a net loss. Legalizing ten million illegals and putting them on the dole, on the other hand, will more than offset the losses and create another permanent monolithic democrat-voting underclass.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampaNurgle View Post
It's called critical mass - legalizing a few DACAs will **** off a lot of voters and end up being a net loss. Legalizing ten million illegals and putting them on the dole, on the other hand, will more than offset the losses and create another permanent monolithic democrat-voting underclass.
In MA the push is to get them work permits, not "putting them on the dole". And as should be evident, even if all those unlikely dominoes fall, there is no guarantee of how they will vote in the future.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:14 AM

4,252 posts, read 1,665,061 times
Quote:
In MA the push is to get them work permits, not "putting them on the dole". And as should be evident, even if all those unlikely dominoes fall, there is no guarantee of how they will vote in the future.
Beyond far-fetched, considering that entry level service jobs in one of the most expensive states in the country will absolutely leave them in need of taxpayer assistance. Especially those with families. And it's tooth fairy stuff to think they wouldn't ultimately vote for the hand that feeds them.

Last edited by PureBoston; 02-26-2024 at 09:33 AM..

Old 02-26-2024, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post

Beyond far-fetched, considering that entry level service jobs in one of the most expensive states in the country will absolutely leave them in need of taxpayer assistance. Especially those with families. And it's tooth fairy stuff to think they wouldn't ultimately vote for the hand that feeds them.
Easy there, don’t spoil the leftie narrative! According to them every last one of the illegals biden&co let in across the border is a brain surgeon or hedge fund manager who will start paying godzillion brazillions of dollars worth of taxes the very second we make them legal and let them vote.

Old 02-26-2024, 11:35 AM

16,293 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Easy there, don’t spoil the leftie narrative! According to them every last one of the illegals biden&co let in across the border is a brain surgeon or hedge fund manager who will start paying godzillion brazillions of dollars worth of taxes the very second we make them legal and let them vote.
lol. Right and they are all just good, hard working people looking for a better life.

Old 02-26-2024, 02:19 PM

Quote:
That may be your narrative but it's not mine. We're talking service jobs (including in home healthcare) that are going unfilled for the most part.

Old 02-26-2024, 02:27 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'm also concerned about what's going on with the Hotels. I have a room booked at a Hotel in NYC in April. I know that city is completely taken over by migrants. I have no idea if migrants will be in that Hotel. I don't think the Hotel staff can tell us. Thankfully this is just for a 1 night stay.
^^^^Thank you, Jimrob. My aunt passed in November and my cousins are talking about having a service for her in the spring. When their Dad passed 6 years ago, they had his service in a church on the Upper West Side. Going to NYC these days does concern me due to the "migrant" crime occurring. Thus, I understand your concerns about your upcoming stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
BOS2IAD

If you do book a room in the RI Hotel, be careful of booking them along the Mass RI border. I wouldn't be surprised if Hotels there haven't cashed in on taking in migrants. Places like East Providence Seekonk area to name one border area.
^^^^Thank you for the advice regarding choosing a place to stay in RI. It's much appreciated. I will definitely keep it in mind when it's time to book a place.

Old 02-26-2024, 02:38 PM

Quote:
That may be your narrative but it's not mine. We're talking service jobs (including in home healthcare) that are going unfilled for the most part.
You mean jobs that pay minimum wage which isn't enough to rent a room in an apartment, let alone the entire apartment? And you're telling us with a straight face they won't end up on the dole?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts