Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2024, 08:38 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,927,242 times

Advertisements

Norfolk is a town people buy in if they want to get away from crowds, value lots of green space but still have upscale feel and relatively easy access to 495 belt. Guess they are going to be in for some changes! I hate to think how folks who recently spent $1M+ to live there feel about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 10:05 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,724,118 times
I won't be losing any sleep thinking about it. They have the resources to move if they want....and most of them vote for this.

Old 05-12-2024, 01:31 PM

10,063 posts, read 15,731,807 times
Today at lunch, my husband told me about what some migrant kids are doing in the town next to us. My husband has a golf friend who's wife is a teacher in a middle school there. She said the assistant principal (supposedly a very nice woman) was bitten by one of the kids and the friend's wife was attacked by another one. The assistant principal has had to get booster shots because these kids are let into the schools without any immunization records, unlike American kids.

Old 05-12-2024, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Today at lunch, my husband told me about what some migrant kids are doing in the town next to us. My husband has a golf friend who's wife is a teacher in a middle school there. She said the assistant principal (supposedly a very nice woman) was bitten by one of the kids and the friend's wife was attacked by another one. The assistant principal has had to get booster shots because these kids are let into the schools without any immunization records, unlike American kids.
What a bunch of savages! I also heard that in one district where some migrants are attending school, they are now being provided translators and books in their native language! Who's paying for that?! Let us guess....taxpayers of course! What happened to you wanna come to the US you need to learn English?! The more I hear about this nonsense the more motivated it makes me to put the for sale sign out and leave for another state.

Old 05-12-2024, 03:35 PM

9,234 posts, read 6,394,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
What a bunch of savages! I also heard that in one district where some migrants are attending school, they are now being provided translators and books in their native language! Who's paying for that?! Let us guess....taxpayers of course! What happened to you wanna come to the US you need to learn English?! The more I hear about this nonsense the more motivated it makes me to put the for sale sign out and leave for another state.
The consequences of this illegal immigrant pandering crisis are going to be far reaching. I never would have guessed that biting school administrators would be a consequence of this mess. With the state exerting so much power over the local governments, expect the worst of consequences to pop up anywhere within the state's borders. No MA town is immune.

Old 05-12-2024, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
The consequences of this illegal immigrant pandering crisis are going to be far reaching. I never would have guessed that biting school administrators would be a consequence of this mess. With the state exerting so much power over the local governments, expect the worst of consequences to pop up anywhere within the state's borders. No MA town is immune.
Yes, it's spreading far and wide for sure. I'm all done with high car insurance rates, exorbitant housing prices, congested roads with angry, rage filled drivers and having my tax dollars go toward supporting violent, unvetted illegals. NH or SC here I come!

Old 05-12-2024, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's spreading far and wide for sure. I'm all done with high car insurance rates, exorbitant housing prices, congested roads with angry, rage filled drivers and having my tax dollars go toward supporting violent, unvetted illegals. NH or SC here I come!
And if you move to NH or SC how will you vote? In NH I vote Republican at the state level to ensure overall balance when the federal level goes Democrat.

Old 05-12-2024, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
And if you move to NH or SC how will you vote? In NH I vote Republican at the state level to ensure overall balance when the federal level goes Democrat.
I'm not a fan of either of the current candidates we have Dem or Rep, however, for as long as migrants are getting access to come in and provided handouts in this country I'll be voting Republican for sure.

Old 05-12-2024, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not a fan of either of the current candidates we have Dem or Rep, however, for as long as migrants are getting access to come in and provided handouts in this country I'll be voting Republican for sure.
Good answer!

Old 05-12-2024, 05:01 PM

10,063 posts, read 15,731,807 times
Quote:
I forgot to add that I don't have any idea what ethnicities these kids were. Also, she said some of the teachers will not be back next year since nothing is done about this type of behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts