Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:24 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,807,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackshaw View Post
There is a private beach area that is membership only. There are also trails that go to the pond from conservation land. However, there are town or state signs there saying no swimming. My impression is that the only swimming is from the private beach, but I could be wrong.
I have been going to this pond for 15 years, always from the conservation land and have never seen any "No Swimming" signs. Anywhere.

The private beach is a separate area and a separate issue. I have never been there and honestly like the natural and "less travelled" side from the conservation land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 12:07 PM

2 posts, read 1,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I grew on on Powder Mill Road. The area is a nice residential area and very low key. White's Pond is a private area and requires membership to visit and swim in the pond. I don't know if it's dog friendly. Walden Pond is free though.

White Pond Associates ([url]http://www.whitepondbeach.com/index.php[/url] - broken link)
White Pond is owned by the state, not private people.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Are you talking about the path that's accessible from the Sudbury border? I think people use it to sneak into the area from the south side of the pond, but they're technically not allowed on there. The path from the Concord resident parking lot is legal, but you need a pass.
if the pond is owned by the state, then it is legal for people to walk on public land.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:31 AM

19 posts, read 11,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Good to know. I haven't had any issues with Concord residents yelling at me, but if I encounter one of them in the future now I know to say "the cops told me it's okay as long as we're respectful of your property" Ha!
Yah! That'll teach them! (*rolls eyes*)

Old 07-31-2017, 06:33 AM

19 posts, read 11,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPatt View Post
Walden Pond is set up to accommodate swimmers, with parking lots, restrooms etc. White Pond is much smaller, it's not even half the size of Walden, and not set up for public swimming.

White Pond is not accessible through the private properties that surround most of the pond. Ignorant people park cars on top of plants, break glass, leave beer cans, disposable diapers and random trash, cause erosion problems which lead to algae growth, disturb the wildlife and disturb the residents who have paid dearly to have a quiet natural place to live. I've seen people try to drive their cars on a path intended only as a hiking path. One who got stuck tried to use a birch tree to help pull their car out and broke the tree. It's sickening how thoughtless people can be.
Hey, I thought "diversity is our strength!" Same goes for Walden Pond. Used to be a really nice place to go swimming for the day and have a cookout instead of the beach. We use to go to the Mystic Lakes in Medford as well.

But then in the mid to late 70's, diversity happened! Mystic Lake got hit first then like the Black Plague, it spread to Walden Pond! It brought the trailer trash, the housing project dwellers, Section 8 welfare queens, the gangsta baby daddies, the loud boom boxes with dueling channels and languages, rudeness, piles of discarded garbage, beer bottles/can, dirty diapers, needles and used condoms in the water or washing up on the shore. People, unfamiliar with the joys of indoor public, urinating and defecating in the water right out in the open! Public Safety ignored, lifeguards told to "F Off Mudda-Fr, increase in and more visible police presence! What rules? Screw dat sheeit! Screw that and f*** you as well, you diversity benefactor! Haven't been back to either since 1985!

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-31-2017 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: calm down - off topic

Old 08-05-2017, 02:41 PM

40 posts, read 26,837 times
Bigotry ... sigh

Walden- I took my kid swimming there, he had an eye infection within 3 hrs. It's just nasty now, too many babies in diapers with parents unconcerned, and they were white god forbid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts