Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should CT be considered New England?
Of course, it always has been. 21 38.89%
What? I always thought it was a region in southeastern New York! So, no. 8 14.81%
The western half and most of southern CT should not be included in New England. 15 27.78%
I do not care. 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 PM

107 posts, read 148,194 times

Advertisements

What do you think?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,204,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_CT View Post
What do you think?
I thought CT was part of NE?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:43 PM

55 posts, read 353,620 times
Default IT IS New England

CT is part of New England, no consideration needed.

Six New England states are MA, CT, RI, NH, VT, and Maine. Are you new to the area?

I am a RI native but find CT lovely and very clean.

Linda

Old 01-22-2008, 12:44 PM

107 posts, read 148,194 times
I know it technically and historically is, but people in eastern MA laugh at us because most of us prefer NY teams and many of us work in NYC.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:49 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times
Default Parking lot.

Honestly I don't care. Connecticut people can make up there own mind if they want to be considered part of New England or not. But I feel Connecticut would like better to be known as part of New England than what people in NYC/Northern NJ consider it. That is the huge parking lot for NYC.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
It doesn't really matter. New England is just an area and geographical location, the same as Cape Cod is an area, or the northeast, southwest, midwest, southwest, etc. CT laws don't apply to anyone if your living and doing things in MA or other New England states.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,024,921 times
Connecticut geographically, historically and socially is part of New England. Fairfield county may have some' cultural' attachment to greater New York, but the house form and culture, as well as the towns visually have A overall geographic and architectural image of New England- not New York.

Drive over the state line from even western CT into NY there are strong differences, with spatial and house form differences.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:54 PM

5 posts, read 13,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Honestly I don't care. Connecticut people can make up there own mind if they want to be considered part of New England or not. But I feel Connecticut would like better to be known as part of New England than what people in NYC/Northern NJ consider it. That is the huge parking lot for NYC.
What are you talking about? New Jersey is more of a parking lot for NY than CT. Have you ever even been to the NY suburbs in the SW part of the state; they are among the wealthiest, most desirable towns in the country e.g. Greenwich, New Canaan, Darien, etc. CT is not a parking lot for NYC, its where NYC's CEOs and Investment Bankers live. New Yorkers think CT is gorgeous and MANY summer here, CT comes with the added bonus of welcoming people from NY and being kind unike people from MA.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Connecticut geographically, historically and socially is part of New England. Fairfield county may have some' cultural' attachment to greater New York, but the house form and culture, as well as the towns visually have A overall geographic and architectural image of New England- not New York.

Drive over the state line from even western CT into NY there are strong differences.
I do not live in Fairfield County, but I have a much stronger cultural attachment to NY than that of New England and especially Boston... and I even live in CAPE COD style house. Extreme Northeastern CT, I would imagine, must be a lot different, being right next to Boston and all.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post

Drive over the state line from even western CT into NY there are strong differences, with spatial and house form differences.
Oh, and geographically/topographically, western CT is much more akin to the Hudson Valley of New York. By the way, isn't New York sometimes even considered part of New England, or did Bostonians decide to exclude them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts