Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 AM

16 posts, read 45,098 times

Advertisements

Marshfield vs Pembroke. Which would you prefer? Marshfield is closer to Boston and has better commuter options, good schools, and great community recreation programs, but a much higher crime rate. Pembroke is more rural feeling, is chock full of beautiful lakes and ponds, and has almost no crime. We'd be settling for a much smaller house in Pembroke because it's such a lovely, safe location. But coming from Boston, is the crime in Marshfield so bad that it would outweigh a skatepark and sailing lessons for the future young'uns? What would you prefer and/or suggest for a first time buyer who can't decide between the two communities? What are the positives and negatives of each place, from your personal experience? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 12:34 PM

10 posts, read 52,435 times
Default Marshfield pembroke

Depends on what you are looking for. Marshfield is more of a beachy town,highercrime.Some really nice area,and other areas not so nice.More to do intown than Pembroke.But Pembroke is so nice because there is not alot there.Nobody cutting through your town, etc.
I prefer Pembroke and visit Marshfield in the summer.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:07 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,359,443 times
What type of crime is happening in Marshfield? It's not a town that I would think you would be concerned for your children's safety- unless it has changed dramatically.

A town that is great for little ones is sometimes not so for teens and tweens. Just my experience but as my kids got older, I saw the need for walkable downtowns and places where kids could go and do things on their own but not be so isolated from adults should they need assistance. A beach community provides that and it's a great way to grow up. There are pizza and ice cream shops to grab lunch with friends and beaches to swim, explore, fish and sail.

Pembroke is a nice little town but there isn't much going on. Anyone I know with kids there have them in lots of organized activities for the simple fact there is little for kids to do on their own.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 AM

2,954 posts, read 12,306,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laf28 View Post
But coming from Boston, is the crime in Marshfield so bad that it would outweigh a skatepark and sailing lessons for the future young'uns?
You're coming from Boston and you're worried about crime in Marshfield? I would not stay away from Marshfield because of crime worries. As far as I know the crime there is largely limited to petty thefts near the beach and some brawls at a couple of sketchy bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts