Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times

Advertisements

I would like to find an inexpensive but pleasant place to stay near Woods Hole while waiting for my family to arrive and free up the house on Nantucket.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Much appreciated if you have any/all ideas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 PM

15 posts, read 132,363 times
Go on WHOI's website (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute) and find housing -- a lot of people advertise their homes for rent on that site.... www.whoi.edu. You can also look in the Cape Cod Times and the Falmouth Enterprise. Otherwise, the typical websites that do housing, especially vacation rentals, will be your best bets...

Old 05-08-2007, 02:16 PM

Many thanks for the leads. I'll check them all out.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgans View Post
Go on WHOI's website (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute) and find housing -- a lot of people advertise their homes for rent on that site.... www.whoi.edu. You can also look in the Cape Cod Times and the Falmouth Enterprise. Otherwise, the typical websites that do housing, especially vacation rentals, will be your best bets...

Old 05-09-2007, 07:13 AM

In case you have trouble finding the housing section on the WHOI website -- I should have been more specific before -- go to www.whoi.edu -- type "housing" in the upper right search box and then clisk on "community housing" and you will find all the listings... good luck...

Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM

Thanks again, mwgan, most of the WHOI people are looking to rent for +one week. But I did find an inn just as I drove in WH about 1-1/2 hrs ago--one I actually recognized from an internet search. I'll stay here a day or two and explore other possibilities.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 PM

Sorry -- I didn't realize you were looking for a brief rental -- my mistake.... We live in Falmouth -- Woods Hole is part of Falmouth, one of its many villages -- there are several inns (as opposed to chain hotels, although we certainly have those, too) in downtown Falmouth not far at all from Woods Hole -- all have decent reputations -- there are other inss in differrent parts of Falmouth, such as North Falmouth and Falmouth Heights, but then you're getting away from Woods Hole.... hope you find something that suits your needs....

Old 05-10-2007, 08:09 AM

Again thanks, mwgans, I made it to Woods Hole, and I am at one of their Inns. Of course it is so loggy I can not see too far, or too wide, but I am pleased to be here.

My brother is enroute and perhaps the fog will burn off, but in the meantime, I am settled in--snug as a bug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts