Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 PM

31 posts, read 187,562 times

Advertisements

Hi there everyone - I am looking into perhaps buying a little cottage in Truro and a lot of the ads mention that the three season zoning restrictions may be changing to allow year round occupancy in 2010. I've tried looking around (just on Google) for any info on this but haven't seen anything about it. I tried looking at the zoning bylaws themselves on the Truro local government website and haven't been able to find anything there either. Does anyone know any more about this? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 02:39 PM

59 posts, read 284,185 times
Can anybody help w this question??
Browse here: Homepage - Truro, MA - Wicked Local Truro

Old 11-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the link. Couldn't see anything really relevant in there though. I asked my friend who lives there about the bylaw - she doesn't know anything about it but said she'll ask around. I guess I can always contact a realtor who had one of the ads I mentioned but I'd rather avoid it at this early stage of the game...... never had much luck with getting a straight answer out of one!

Old 11-27-2009, 03:01 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,797,189 times
After reading your post I called a member of the Truro Board of Selectmen (I live in Wellfleet). The selectman told me that indeed, there is an old by-law in Truro that limits the use of some places to three seasons. The board wants to change this by-law (to eliminate it) which they will attempt to do at the next Annual Town Meeting during the Spring (removal of a by-law requires a town vote). The selectman thinks they will be successful.

Frankly, I don't think the by-law would be enforceable in any case.

Rich

Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
After reading your post I called a member of the Truro Board of Selectmen (I live in Wellfleet). The selectman told me that indeed, there is an old by-law in Truro that limits the use of some places to three seasons. The board wants to change this by-law (to eliminate it) which they will attempt to do at the next Annual Town Meeting during the Spring (removal of a by-law requires a town vote). The selectman thinks they will be successful.

Frankly, I don't think the by-law would be enforceable in any case.

Rich
Thanks so much for doing that Rich! Wow, that would be a really big deal if they changed the by-law. Actually they are REALLY strict about it there. I had said the same thing to my friend at first too: "well who on earth would know?" but she said it just ISN'T done. A seasonal cottage or condo is just NOT used during the restricted months, PERIOD. I think the town actually turns the water off or something like that. Plus, if it's in a complex (either a condo in an apartment building or a cottage in a colony, which 99% of them are) you'd have no choice anyways so..... it's a big thing there. I know they are really short on low income housing, and this would open up a lot of the seasonal inventory to the local market to use so, it would be a good thing I think!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts