Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 7,233 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband has to shift to Westborough because of job location change. He will be residing in Westborough. I am working in Manhatten New York. I will be travelling on weekends to westborough. Please help me on the following
1) What are the good travel options(in terms of time, money and other things) between New York and Westborough
2) Are there direct bus/train between these two cities
3) Does buses going to Boston from New York halt at or near Westborough
4) Are there any places in between these cities that has good connectivity with New York and Westborough so that we can reside there and daily travel to our offices

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 12:20 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,115,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amehta View Post
3) Does buses going to Boston from New York halt at or near Westborough
The Boston <-> NYC Greyhound/Peter Pan route stops in Framingham, which is two towns over from Westborough.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:09 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,306,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
The Boston <-> NYC Greyhound/Peter Pan route stops in Framingham, which is two towns over from Westborough.
Sometimes. Check the schedules carefully.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 PM

925 posts, read 2,743,357 times
You can take the train from Penn Station to Boston's South Station, and then take the Framingham/Worcester line to Westboro. I know there's also the Fung Wa bus from NYC to Boston but not to the suburbs from there.

If your husband is looking to live in Westboro there are two apartment complexes there. Avalon is the newer one, which is closer to the train.

My wife's family lives in Westboro so please feel free to drop me a line if you have questions. Would be glad to put you in touch w/her.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:28 PM

298 posts, read 341,810 times
Default Training it

That is gonna be one LONG train ride. The standard Amtrak (Northeast Regional) is 5 hrs from NY Penn Station to Boston South Station. The Acela is an hour shorter, but double the price (Around $150 or more for Acela, one way). Remember then if you take the commuter rail to Westborough, you will have the time between trains and then another hour on the commuter rail. That is over 6 hrs total and probably too much

Another option you might want to try is Providence RI. You can take the Regional from NYP to Providence in 4 hrs (3 hrs for Acela), and then it will be about an hour drive to Westborough. Your husband can pick you up, or if you prefer you can walk to Avis car rental from the train station. You can rent a car there for about $40 a day.

With the Acela your door to door time from NY Penn to Westborough would be about 4 hrs (3 hrs on the train and then the hour drive at the end).

Can your husband live in Providence? He could drive to Westborough (only about an hour commute) and then when you take the train, it would be a shorter trip for you and no need for rental cars.

The problem with busses are that they are far less comfortable than the train, and they get stuck in the same traffic as the cars. The Rt 95 corridor is awful most weeknights and Fridays are even worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmann-sherborn View Post
You can take the train from Penn Station to Boston's South Station, and then take the Framingham/Worcester line to Westboro. I know there's also the Fung Wa bus from NYC to Boston but not to the suburbs from there.

If your husband is looking to live in Westboro there are two apartment complexes there. Avalon is the newer one, which is closer to the train.

My wife's family lives in Westboro so please feel free to drop me a line if you have questions. Would be glad to put you in touch w/her.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:33 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
This is a 5 year old thread. I bet they have it figured out.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:31 PM

298 posts, read 341,810 times
Default Trains to Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This is a 5 year old thread. I bet they have it figured out.
oops! My bad. How did I miss that. Who knows they may not even be married anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts