Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM

355 posts, read 1,115,520 times

Advertisements

I'm going to start off by apologizing because I'm sure many have already asked this question before ...

Anyway I'll be in Maui w/my wife and I wanted to find out what MUST we do while we are there. I was looking at the Hana Valley Tour/Excursion and maybe the OLL but not sure what else as I am young and this will be my (our) first time to Hawaii. Where is the best beach in Maui? Best restaurant?

Any help is much appreciated! If there are any similar threads I may have overlooked, please post them and I'll review those as well. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,035 times
Buy a good guide book, like Maui Revealed.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:56 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,516 times
+1 on Maui Revealed.

Hana is a LONG LONG 25mph road. If you don't mins spending 8 hours of a day driving, it is pretty. But be sure to visit the black sand beach while you are there.

Haleakala is spectacular and the drive back down..breathtaking.
Iao Needle very cool too.

The best advice I can give is to plan days to do nothing. You will find things to do those days or just relax and enjoy the beach.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:22 AM

66 posts, read 233,320 times
Maui is a great place to visit! Keawakapu is our favorite beach.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:19 AM

355 posts, read 1,115,520 times
Default Great Advice

Thanks all for the help, I just placed my order on Amazon for the latest ed of Maui Revealed.

I am renting a car, so I plan to visit as many places as possible..

Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 PM

3 posts, read 6,533 times
You didn't mention where you will be staying. If you will be staying in West Maui (Lahaina, Ka'anapali), you will love Ka'anapali Beach and snorkeling around Black Rock. I love BJ's in Lahaina to eat and the Hula Grill in Whaler's Village, sit in the Barefoot Bar and enjoy the view.

If down in Kihei, I prefer Makena Beach, though the waves can be rough at times, do not underestimate their power. For a fun place to hang out try Fred's Mexican food, they also do a cheap Taco Tuesday though it is usually crowded. I recommend you do a snorkeling boat trip or whale watching trip if you are there before April. If you are on island for only a week I do not recommend the trip to Hana, it eats up a whole day and is exhausting. If you do go, take towels, sunscreen, food, drinks, etc., there is very little in Hana (besides beauty). Ziplining in Ka'anapali is really fun. Maui Revealed is by far the best book, keep it in the car with you, you will refer to it over and over. Enjoy! And Aloha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui