Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 03:15 PM

136 posts, read 161,660 times

Advertisements

Hi All, we are planning to vacation at the Wailea Elua condos in March and we have just learned that construction is finally underway to rehab the old Renassaince property right next door. We also heard that they are planning to dig up portions of Ulua Beach Rd right next to our condo. Does anyone local to Wailea know what the status of construction is and how bad the commotion is around there? Hate to fly over to chill for awhile and have to listen to jackhammering all day....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:10 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times
I paddle by the Rennaisance, old Intercontinental, every morning. Judging by the gigantic pile of dirt in the middle, beach side, it's way far from finished, although I don't know if the sound would impact Elua. Of course, if they're blasting down there, and they have a slight misfire, it could impact your lua, but thats a different matter entirely.. I was a subcontractor on the Marriot remodel in Kaanapali a number of years ago. Poor folks were actually staying on the lower floors while we were jackhammering away on the upper floors, I don't think they were very happy....................

Aloha and okoledakine

Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM

136 posts, read 161,660 times
Mahalo Jungjohann. I've heard from a few other locals who say the construction is pretty loud in the immediate area and it's going to be going on through most of this year....we're moving south and up the hill a little to get some peace and quiet.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times
Yea, I paddled by there again this morning, the hoe ram starts singing it's melodic little song right at 800a. Must be a rock they're trying to bust, knowing the terrain down that side, it's more than likely firmly connected to the center of the earth. I remember when the Intercontinental first opened down that side in 76, was a really big deal. Hopefully the remodel does the old place justice.

Aloha and okolemaluna
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: