Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 07:36 AM

2 posts, read 4,436 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance for your time helping me with my questions! go karma!

My girl friend and I are thinking about moving from Toronto Canada to MAUI to a beach house/condo on the sand (or as close as possible!) for July and August maybe some of June.

We are just looking to understand how much the basics cost and how safe it is in general.

MONTHLY RENT- looking for a large 1 bdrm or 1 brdm + den that is about 650-800 sqft (we need our space!) on the beach in preferable along with it being furnished!

Gorceries - fresh beef, chicken, milk, bread, a case of beer/bottle of booze, veggies.

drugstore items - paper towels, deoderant, etc.

Gas

AREA AND SAFETY - Looking for a combo of 75% CHILL/BEAUTY with 25% STORES/SOCIAL SCENE we are thinking of kihei or the central maui. Any recomendations? even if its one of the better areas what should we watch for and should i be worried about my girl friend out by herself at night, etc.

Thank-you!

Kyle and Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
mauinews.com is our newspaper on line, check for vacation rentals. there are also a lot of vaction rental companies on line that would probably have more selection. a company called "vrbo" is condo owners ads where you might get a slightly better deal but becare some owners say their place is great and it isn't. you can also go to the travel site tripadvisor dot com, there you will find a forum that has lots of info on hotels/condos people have reviewed them and sometimes you get lucky and the unit you are interested in has been reviewd. also a thread on food costs what beach are the best and places to dine. maui is pretty saf if you are on the sand you should be ok and not to worry. sounds like kihei, or lahaina would be the places to be for oyu. food is real expensive you can cut the cost a bit by going to the costco if you have a card. or try to only buy the on sale things. I try not to even look at the prices when I shop! have a great time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: