Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 02:28 PM

4 posts, read 17,576 times

Advertisements

Hello, my mom recently moved to maui(lahaina) about 8 months ago by herself no car just enough money to get a little studio,and no job. She is a very outgoing person and grew up in oahu. She has 4 Jobs in Lahaina now all in the tourist industry. I went to visit her for a week ending up staying for two. Best tim eo fmy life i dint not want to leave. Now i plan on moving there. IM 22. Really have like 500cash and fly for free. Was wondering if you guys think its easier for maybe a 22 year old with no family to live there? i just want to stay for a year . Just to grow there and find out what i really want, and get away from California (riverside) for awile. Im a very simple guy, and dont need much. just the two weeks i spent in maui were really really happy times, i felt happy for the first time really in maui, felt really good . thats why i want to go back, and i fly for free so why not ? and im young? any thing you guys would reccomend?
any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 05:19 PM

18,413 posts, read 19,072,202 times
go for it

Old 05-22-2009, 08:38 PM

335 posts, read 940,703 times
go for it! x2

Old 05-23-2009, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,661 times
Good luck! Im in the same situation as you. Only hurdle I can think of is, the lack of jobs and of course the cost of living being quite high.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:12 PM

9,327 posts, read 16,695,674 times
Definitely do it!!! You don't want to live life on "could of, should of, would of."

Old 05-23-2009, 03:50 PM

10 posts, read 41,558 times
I'd say more power to ya if you can do it now. It's definitely much easier to make a move like that when your younger than lets say 10 years from now when you might have a family and be established somewhere, with kids in school etc...

I've been thinking of moving there myself, but have one still left in High School for another 3 years.

Not only that, but the cost of living out there seems really expensive.

Hawaii is truly a beautiful place though. We were there back in 2005 for 2 weeks and visited Oahu and Maui. That was all I needed to decide I wanted to live there.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:22 PM

4 posts, read 17,576 times
well ill be movning there in a month , just taking care of some loose ends over here. The one good thing i got over there is my mom who said i can crash on her couch for as long as i have to. so i will be looking for jobs in lahaina and kanapali (which i really love both places) love them tourist girls being around 24/7 . Im part hawaiian so most of the people think i am a local anyways esp after a week of being in the hawaiian sun, i get really dark. so i think this might work alittle bit in my advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: