Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:48 PM

45 posts, read 135,269 times

Advertisements

xstonedrocker,

Love your post man! Gonna give our daughter a year or two to be established in college and comfortable with being on her own, then we are gonna act on our 25 year dream and move to Kehei. Love it there. I choose to not even vacation there anymore, as it is too hard to leave. Pay that much money just to feel sad ;-)

Keep posting dude.

Mahalo,

Shane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM

12 posts, read 25,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiBowman View Post
xstonedrocker,

Love your post man! Gonna give our daughter a year or two to be established in college and comfortable with being on her own, then we are gonna act on our 25 year dream and move to Kehei. Love it there. I choose to not even vacation there anymore, as it is too hard to leave. Pay that much money just to feel sad ;-)

Keep posting dude.

Mahalo,

Shane

You are more patient than I am - my daughter just graduated from high school and I'm moving as soon as I can! I tease her "poor kid, will have to come to Hawaii to stay with Mom if things get too tough". I've vacationed there the past 4 years, and have the same feeling when I leave - so sad to watch those beautiful islands slip away. SO happy to be moving there this time, instead of just vacationing!

Aloha!
Leah

Old 06-21-2010, 04:31 PM

45 posts, read 135,269 times
Hahaaha! Actually it is the economy, we just make her think we're staying because of her ;-)
I wish you the very best Leah - hope you get there soon.

Shane

Old 06-21-2010, 11:27 PM

806 posts, read 2,341,411 times
I totally agree.. I can't even think of vacationing in Hawaii. They would have to pry my hands from a tree to get me to leave..
Planning our move for Nov'10!!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:13 PM

28 posts, read 51,412 times
Hey X......

So happy that you posted this... I have been reading all the posts about moving and I get happy and then afraid... Hawaii is my "home"... I currently live in Cali but my heart longs to be on the Islands. I have exactly 1 year left until we move. I will be giving up alot here but I have to live my dream. I cannot go through life without making it work.. To say I did it and I succeed at it, is going to be a dream come true. I cannot wait and even though I get nervous, I know in my heart, its the right decision for me and thats all that matters. I do not plan on failing once I get there, I cannot wait to work hard and make my life happen.. Thanks for giving me more confidence and for knowing that my decisions are not that CRAZY after all... Mahalo

Old 06-30-2010, 05:24 PM

101 posts, read 415,753 times
I'm returning home in one week! I have been gone since 1994 and it took a long time to get to this point, but I am finally returning.

Brinagee, just do it! Go home! Just go for it! Make your plans now -- start the countdown calendar. It really helps. It'll give you something to look forward to. Yes, start it even with a countdown of 365 days. The time will pass quicker than you think.

My count is in the 1-digits now and I had to stop counting because it's just too soon. I'm to the point of panic now. I couldn't look at it anymore. Oh, read my posts about how I decided on which airlines to use and how I'm getting/got my stuff back home. Or do the research. It really makes it worthwhile knowing time is tickin' and you gotta get home fo'a cheap! haha

Thank goodness we have family to stay with. It's going to be rough at first, but, I have faith that things are going to be all right.

I have to say this website has been so helpful. Too good, ah?!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:50 AM

28 posts, read 51,412 times
IslandGirl.....

LOL.... Hawaii has never been my home home.... Like I never actually lived there, but my soul has... I mean really I cannot describe the way I feel each time I go. I cannot vacation anywhere else... I know living there is different but Im ready to do whatever it takes... I am not unhappy here in Cali, I have soooo much here... Giving it all up to follow my dream and take me where my soul lives... I am sure so many people might feel the same way and if they do and if they go & try it, then I say many, many blessings to you... So many people give up on thier dreams/desires. We only have one life and its Gods, so we need to keep the Faith and understand that these feelings are not our own, they are callings and blessings and if my God that lives inside me makes me feel this strongly and passionate about something, then its for something Good... Believe me, I start to get scared. I have been planning this trip for over 25 years.I have everything here but still my soul calls out to move.. At this point everything is in Gods hands and I am ready to take that step of faith...

Thanks for all your encouragement and for allowing me to see another person who is making thier soul free!!! ..... Good Luck.... Keep in touch so we can meet when I get there.. I have started a journal counting down this year... All the trials, emotions... you name it ....

B
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui