Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 06:47 PM

55 posts, read 185,847 times

Advertisements

I was just curious as to what the "most desired area" of Maui would be to live. I would guess it to be Wailea-Makena area. Is this correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 07:53 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,027,378 times
that answer would be subjective. wailea does have some incredible places but so does hana, haiku, lahaina, up country. go to a real estate site surf the MLS you will find properties in excess of 5 million all over the island. I have seen them go as high as 25 million

Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 PM

820 posts, read 3,035,836 times
Wailea & Makena used to be the places to go, but now look at Kapalua.

Wailea has had some recent spurt with the homes completed across the road from the Grand Wailea. Homeowners can purchase rights to use the Grand's facilities.

Usually the high priced areas are those that are further from the more dense population. First Wailea, then Makena as the growth spread south. But less development in Makena now, and there is a development that has halted and is in bankruptcy there. Kapalua sprang up into full force some years ago, and has been growing ever since, spreading development north.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,590,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Salsa View Post
Wailea & Makena used to be the places to go, but now look at Kapalua.

Wailea has had some recent spurt with the homes completed across the road from the Grand Wailea. Homeowners can purchase rights to use the Grand's facilities.

Usually the high priced areas are those that are further from the more dense population. First Wailea, then Makena as the growth spread south. But less development in Makena now, and there is a development that has halted and is in bankruptcy there. Kapalua sprang up into full force some years ago, and has been growing ever since, spreading development north.
Aloha,
Iʻm not disputing anything you are saying Iʻm just going to say that if Iʻm going to spend that kind of cash across the street from a world class resort ( Iʻve stayed there numerous times) that 1) I lost my view. 2) I donʻt want to go across the street and sit with the masses all greased up and burning with their kids taking 1 sip from their $8 snoothie and sking or another drink. ( I want a beach of my own)

My point being it may be nice to buy but is it a waste ? My other opinions will remain silent.

Mahalo as I walk away from my small soap box.........

Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,445,907 times
The most exclusive looking place I've seen so far is Kapalua

Old 04-23-2010, 01:04 AM

Oh KoaKine, I am totally with you on that. I was not speaking to my thoughts on what was great, just to which areas seemed to be those currently prized.

My idea if ideal is not Wailea in any way. But then I'm not the type to want totally secluded either. I like having neighbors I know, that we socialize and take care of each other.

But with privileges to use the Grand's facilities, I would guess most of the homeowners take advantage of the spa, maybe the workout center, not so much the $8 smoothies. Then of course if they do visit with children, those kids love the water slide and pools.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:14 AM

Are all Wailea's homeowners allowed to use the Grand's facilities?

Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 AM

No, just the homeowners in one development who have purchased that option.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:48 PM

Could you tell me the name of that development, and extactly what it entitles them to. I have tried looking, and have found nothing online. Would Makena Place Or this one community that was guard gated in Kihei or Wailea, that was called Malia or Muhalia. I believe it mean relaxtion in Hawaiian. If someone could give me some specifics on the communities, and what that entitles them to at the Grand wailea, I would be grateful to you.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 PM

Sure!

Ho'olei Condos
Ho'olei - Wailea, Maui

Amenities here:
Ho'olei - Wailea, Maui

Looks like the cost of the access to the GWR is included in the purchase price, then there would be an annual fee. I don't know the details, but I'm sure any realtor would be glad to answer your questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui