Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mazda
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 07:40 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times

Advertisements

oh and as an owner of a non turbo it only feels under powered... when you compare it to the turbo. Mazda transmission are excellent and meant to be driven,. Drive it like it (don't be afraid to floor it) should be and you won't miss a turbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 07:13 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
Bought a 2019 in, well, 2019, after driving an Outback since 2011. The CX5 is far more refined yet fun to drive, although the Outback isn’t big on either anyway. For our multi state road trip pre-pandemic, it was mostly a comfortable yet perky little performer. The entertainment system is counterintuitive, esp. the radio, but it sounds terrific with the Bose sound system. It’s got CarPlay which is pretty good.

It also has pretty much all the safety stuff— lane departure, blind spot detection, parking lot warnings for cross traffic and pedestrians.

Just rolled over 10k miles, first car in a long time that I didn’t put 20-35k/year from commuting, but between retirement then unretirement but working from home explains all that.

Highly recommend.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:44 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,067 times
I was considering a CX-30 but wasn't enthralled with it. The back seat is a bit of a dealbreaker. I don't think my young nephews could fit back there let alone an adult. Something got me looking at the Mazda fleet online again and I decided to look at a CX-5 and loved it. I think I'm going to buy it. This will be my first experience with a Mazda.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:33 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,129,693 times
Mazda's are great cars. I started with a '91 Protege, my first new car. Now on my fifth, a 3 Sport with another 3 hatch and two 6's in between.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:23 AM

Just bought a 2021 CX-5 and love it.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:16 AM

Backing up, I bought a CX-5 in July and loved it but after driving it awhile, I've noticed a few things I don't like. I don't like the Infotainment controls. Not user friendly at all and very time consuming to find things on it. Just to change a radio station, you have to make at least 4 or 5 manual changes to find the radio station where on my old car all I had to do was punch a button. It's just very very cumbersome. I couldn't figure out how to change the clock and couldn't even find it in the owner manual. Clock isn't under "C" in the index! So frustrating! It shouldn't be that hard to figure out how to change the clock.

I also don't like the way the transmission shifts, especially at slower speeds. It's a jerky ride. It's not smooth. If I take my foot off the accelerator, my old car used to coast along smoothly without losing power. This car doesn't do that. The car doesn't coast. It immediately slows down and loses power which forces me to hit the accelerator again. The car then jerks forward, then I try to slow down by taking my foot off the accelerator...and so forth. Not sure I'm explaining it properly but I don't like it.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:11 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,332,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
Backing up, I bought a CX-5 in July and loved it but after driving it awhile, I've noticed a few things I don't like. I don't like the Infotainment controls. Not user friendly at all and very time consuming to find things on it. Just to change a radio station, you have to make at least 4 or 5 manual changes to find the radio station where on my old car all I had to do was punch a button. It's just very very cumbersome. I couldn't figure out how to change the clock and couldn't even find it in the owner manual. Clock isn't under "C" in the index! So frustrating! It shouldn't be that hard to figure out how to change the clock.

I also don't like the way the transmission shifts, especially at slower speeds. It's a jerky ride. It's not smooth. If I take my foot off the accelerator, my old car used to coast along smoothly without losing power. This car doesn't do that. The car doesn't coast. It immediately slows down and loses power which forces me to hit the accelerator again. The car then jerks forward, then I try to slow down by taking my foot off the accelerator...and so forth. Not sure I'm explaining it properly but I don't like it.
What was the car you had before that shifted better?

Old 09-06-2021, 02:20 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
Mazda's are great cars. I started with a '91 Protege, my first new car.
Mazda Protege is also known as Mazda Familia in Japan. A much better name for a car. I'm trying to imagine a Japanese father doing his best Vito Corleone impersonation to get his family together to get in the car, and his teenage daughter rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Old 09-18-2021, 10:15 AM

I had a Subaru Forester.

Old 09-19-2021, 11:16 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
I was considering a CX-30 but wasn't enthralled with it. The back seat is a bit of a dealbreaker. I don't think my young nephews could fit back there let alone an adult. Something got me looking at the Mazda fleet online again and I decided to look at a CX-5 and loved it. I think I'm going to buy it. This will be my first experience with a Mazda.
Roughly half the vehicles that Mazda sells in the US are the CX-5.

In first 6 months of 2021 sales:
  • 88,113 Mazda CX-5 - five seat SUV
  • 28,899 Mazda CX-30 - subcompact SUV
  • 17,575 Mazda CX-9 - 7/8 passenger SUV
  • 25,826 Mazda3 compact car
  • 6,600 Mazda MX-5 Miata sports car
  • 12,316 Mazda6 mid-size car (discontinued for 2022 model year)
  • 5,314 Mazda CX-3 (discontinued for 2022 model year)
  • 60 Mazda5 (just leftovers)

The MX-30 introduced for next year will be an electric model similar in size to the CX-30
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mazda