Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 02:07 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,080,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
You don't have to "threaten people" to be demonotized or banned on YouTube. Just engaging in wrongthink is enough.
You call it "wrong think", I cal it unfriendly content. BPS has his own site doesn't he. He has made videos for years talking about how terrible big corporations are and feminists, and black people etcetera, yet taking money from them indirectly by posting on YouTube and getting ad revenue. He didn't get banned for wrongthink he got banned because he is a liability to YouTube the more popular he becomes on the platform the less money he would ultimately earn as very few if any of the companies that advertise on YouTube wants to be associated with his opinions. Imagine if he was the size of Pewdiepie, I have watched enough of his content to know that zero YouTubers would be making money because YouTube would be considered a toxic alt-right platform.

He likely has enough fans to have his own site where he can grow his audience , YouTube doesn't have to help him with his quest to take the western world back to the 1900's racial values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 03:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The Sierra Club is a fake environmentalist entity. It was bought out by David Gelbaum years ago, under the condition that they completely abandon their mission. Now, it's just a scam to take money from actual concerned people and give it to the other side.
You are reading too many Right Wing Media fables.

The Sierra Club has had MANY gifts made in the 10's and 100's of millions of dollars. Many wealthy Americans care about the state of the Environment.

Ted Roosevelt was both rich and POTUS and he deeply cared.

It's amazing how some people tell us that the entire Right Wing somehow isn't "bought out" by 10's of Billions of dollars, but that when a non-profit gets large gifts that means they are "bought and sold".

Sorry, you got the wrong guy. I know people who work there very personally...to the point of knowing what they do on a day to day basis. I also worked for 35 year in an industry that the SC forced to be regulated (which saved millions of people from disease), so I've been on both sides of the coin.

NYC elected Republican Mayor Bloomberg gave them 50 million just in one shot....more in other gifts.

AH, I found the publications......mostly financed by the fossil fuel industry.....that are spreading the fake news you speak of. Good one.

Bottom line is this. Very simple. Bloomberg gave them 50 Million to help shut down coal plants. To my knowledge they shut 100+ (at last count) and also made sure many more won't be built. The percentage of electric supplied by coal is WAY down.....

This is what good orgs do. They use money to fight the system....in most environmental matters, that means fighting the Fossil Fuel Industry.......or working with them to reduce pollution.

Now, if you are a "I love 100w light bulbs that use 100w" type of person, you are not going to like that.

But if you are "I want the air, water and land to be as clean as possible for my family and I and future generations" .....then you praise the warriors out there fighting for you.

Left to Industrialists of the "old fossil fuel types", this whole country would be like chemical alley in TX or outside NYC in NJ.

Anyway, where were we? I don't think Youtube would take down a speaker who claimed we were never going to run out of oil or anything of the sort. But that is their decision. I suppose the same old echo chamber folks will spread those videos around claiming they are facts of some sort.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You call it "wrong think", I cal it unfriendly content. BPS has his own site doesn't he. He has made videos for years talking about how terrible big corporations are and feminists, and black people etcetera, yet taking money from them indirectly by posting on YouTube and getting ad revenue. He didn't get banned for wrongthink he got banned because he is a liability to YouTube the more popular he becomes on the platform the less money he would ultimately earn as very few if any of the companies that advertise on YouTube wants to be associated with his opinions. Imagine if he was the size of Pewdiepie, I have watched enough of his content to know that zero YouTubers would be making money because YouTube would be considered a toxic alt-right platform.

He likely has enough fans to have his own site where he can grow his audience , YouTube doesn't have to help him with his quest to take the western world back to the 1900's racial values.
Sounds like many Americans (or whoever they are) don't believe in morals, ethics, right/wrong, values, cleanliness, advancement, civility, etc. anymore and claim that the lack of those things is exactly equal to those qualities.

That's a complete fallacy, of course. Ethics matter.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:58 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Good riddance. Not only political extremism but there’s a huge block of videos on YT promoting the sex trade in SE Asia. For those who are upset go peddle your garbage on some other venue. This is long overdue.
Two different issues in your post. Sex trade and human trafficking posts should not be allowed. Political commentary I do not think is so clear. Plenty on there I do not agree with, but if they are not breaking laws or encouraging people to do so, then first amendment applies.

We need to be very very careful what we start censoring. It is a slippery slope.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...24015169331200

Now we know why.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:46 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
I am curious as to which Far-Left or Left extremist channels have been targeted or likely would be targeted with this YT policy.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I am curious as to which Far-Left or Left extremist channels have been targeted or likely would be targeted with this YT policy.
The Arian Nation still has a Youtube Channel, so does David Duke. YIKES!

But, Alex Jones and INFOwars is too dangerous.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Arian Nation still has a Youtube Channel, so does David Duke. YIKES!

But, Alex Jones and INFOwars is too dangerous.
I am aware of conservative YT figures like Steven Crowden getting targeted but equal opportunity would ask which extreme Left-leaning channels would get targeted.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:51 AM

73,050 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Sadly, David Duke's channel is still up. Hopefully his channel will be the next one removed.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:29 PM

518 posts, read 398,705 times
Denying monetization, and youtube is denying lots of conservative youtubers monetization, is a form of censorship & it is horrifying. In the future, whole conservative channels will be totally denied monetization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media