Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 11:05 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times

Advertisements

You know that anytime Rob Reiner opens his mouth about politics, the drivel that will follow is simply the desperate musings of a Hollywoodiot.

If stupidity was currency, Rob Reiner would be the richest man in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 11:12 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
"So Hunter Biden's laptop was buried by the press. Even the head of Twitter Jack Dorsey said that was a mistake."

Individual news outlets choose to run, and not run, stories every day. The free market hard at work. What laws did any of these news outlets violate?

The FBI has had the laptop for a couple of years now - where does the investigation stand?

Old 08-30-2022, 11:44 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"So Hunter Biden's laptop was buried by the press. Even the head of Twitter Jack Dorsey said that was a mistake."

Individual news outlets choose to run, and not run, stories every day. The free market hard at work. What laws did any of these news outlets violate?

The FBI has had the laptop for a couple of years now - where does the investigation stand?
They broke no laws.

Just, all of their journalistic ethics and principles.

When they should have been saying, "Hey, this laptop might have something newsworthy on it. My journalistic curiosity is piqued. Let's discuss it more and investigate it further, as we ALWAYS do."

They said, "Nope. Not interested. Sorry. I don't want to discuss it one moment more. Get it away from me."

As people who call themselves "journalists", they should feel a responsibility to the public. Seek the truth, no matter what it turns out to be. If there is news, report it to the people. That is what a true journalist does.

And if they did have even a shred of the public's trust left before this, they certainly threw it away here. Sacrificed it all because of Trump.

Because they are no longer journalists. THAT is what they have given up. They are full fledged propagandists now.

I hope it was worth it.

Old 08-30-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
They broke no laws.

When they should have been saying, "Hey, this laptop might have something newsworthy on it. My journalistic curiosity is piqued. Let's discuss it more and investigate it further, as we ALWAYS do."

They said, "Nope. Not interested. Sorry. I don't want to discuss it one moment more. Get it away from me."

As people who call themselves "journalists", they should feel a responsibility to the public. Seek the truth, no matter what it turns out to be. If there is news, report it to the people. That is what a true journalist does.

And if they did have even a shred of the public's trust left before this, they certainly threw it away here. Sacrificed it all because of Trump.

Because they are no longer journalists. THAT is what they have given up. They are full fledged propagandists now.

I hope it was worth it.

I'll agree with you if your assertion was that it isn't how we'd like our news organizations to behave. 100%

The market will speak, though. Given today's political climate, I don't expect much backlash, honestly.

Old 08-30-2022, 11:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Every time I see a Hunter Biden/laptop thread it reminds me of birthers, all self-righteous, tilting at windmills, seriously believing that this time something is going to happen! Really!

And years later, of course, nothing happens.

It makes me laugh every time.

Old 08-30-2022, 11:58 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
They broke no laws.

I hope it was worth it.
And as Maher pointed out, if this had been a Donald Jr laptop, it would have been front page on every newspaper, lead every night on the 24/7 cable news. All the salacious and damning photographic, video and audio evidence would have been dug into meticulously and preciously detailed in books, newspapers and magazine. It certainly would have not been referred to as propaganda. The journalists would have said "we report, you decide."

Old 08-30-2022, 12:01 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Every time I see a Hunter Biden/laptop thread it reminds me of birthers, all self-righteous, tilting at windmills, seriously believing that this time something is going to happen! Really!

Folks downplaying the laptop makes me laugh, much like thinking for 6 years that because Trump is going to prison makes me laugh every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And as Maher pointed out, if this had been a Donald Jr laptop, it would have been front page on every newspaper, lead every night on the 24/7 cable news. All the salacious and damning photographic, video and audio evidence would have been dug into meticulously and preciously detailed in books, newspapers and magazine. It certainly would have not been referred to as propaganda. The journalists would have said "we report, you decide."
Bingo

Old 08-30-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Well, "every" news outlet except for Fox, Breitbart, OAN, SKYNews, etc.

This is where we are - red news/blue news. It's sad and unfortunate, but I don't see it changing any time soon.

Old 08-30-2022, 12:02 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

Because the DOJ and many of our courts have become completely politicized as weapons and tools of the Democrats.

"Although there is evidence of violations of the statutes... our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

Old 08-30-2022, 12:03 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
At this point the media bias toward Trump should be obvious for everyone to see. I can't see how someone on the left would try and deny some of this blatant stuff you see.

You are right, if one of trump's kids had this laptop with all of the crap that is on it it would be on the media outlets for weeks and weeks leading up to the election.

What is happening now with media and some of our institutions should terrify people. Power swings both ways and anyone could be on the receiving end of some of this stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media