Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 03:30 AM

329 posts, read 636,247 times

Advertisements

Interesting... and I love it ! I was reading around some websites and saw this... Some people on here is always talking about cleaning up some areas with decay and blight and this is a wonderful solution. So what do you think? This plan holds everything from a shopping center to charter schools. Click on the link for whole story and plans.
Multi-Phase Plans Under Way for Former Marina Cove - Memphis Daily News - Business, Government, Politics, News, Public Records, Public Notices, Crime Report, Neighborhood Report, Marketing Lists, Research
Multi-Phase Plans Under Way for Former Marina Cove
The multi-phase Power Center Academy Towne Center to be built on what is now the Marina Cove Apartments in Hickory Hill could have a construction contractor by the end of the year.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 10:53 AM

201 posts, read 636,640 times
you asked 'what do you think' ??

too late...people have vacated LIVING in the area...once they wer gone, they're gone...

it's not going to be a habitual 'destination spot' for populations outside the immediate area...no one is going to go out of their way to visit if they live in Arlington, Collierville, Germantown, or MidTown or DT for sure.....

perhaps a good physical plan....bad timing...bad thinking....poor understanding of growth patterns.....negative memories....and good ole white folks aren't moving back close to the area.....ever again...

It's not reasonablle to believe that it's going to be some unbelievable sustained 'attraction' in the next decade...'

Not going to happen.....it's novel, but equally stoopid

Old 09-04-2010, 01:03 PM

369 posts, read 1,233,129 times
I love this idea. I don't expect it to be a regional draw but this definitely will be good for the Hickery Hill area.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:38 PM

329 posts, read 636,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisenheist View Post
you asked 'what do you think' ??

too late...people have vacated LIVING in the area...once they wer gone, they're gone...

it's not going to be a habitual 'destination spot' for populations outside the immediate area...no one is going to go out of their way to visit if they live in Arlington, Collierville, Germantown, or MidTown or DT for sure.....

perhaps a good physical plan....bad timing...bad thinking....poor understanding of growth patterns.....negative memories....and good ole white folks aren't moving back close to the area.....ever again...

It's not reasonablle to believe that it's going to be some unbelievable sustained 'attraction' in the next decade...'

Not going to happen.....it's novel, but equally stoopid
Well, all of what you just said I wasn't expecting anyway.... I was just glad at the fact something was being done period. Its not going to be an eyesore anymore, and something beneficial will be put in place. I know very well hickory Hill will not be the same anymore, but if things like this keep happening it will make it better than the state its in now. IMO, it dosen't matter if it attracts anybody from Germantown, Collierville, and etc to move in. What matters most in this situation are the ones who already live in this community can have something nice, and make the community for them somewhat better. This is not the solution to Hickory Hill's problems, but an example of what to do to abandoned places like this. Appartments < Towne Center

Old 09-04-2010, 06:18 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,377,591 times
Who is financing this grand adventure? Please do not tell me it will be funded with any of my tax dollars

Old 09-05-2010, 11:41 AM

201 posts, read 636,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Who is financing this grand adventure? Please do not tell me it will be funded with any of my tax dollars

Undoubtedly it is funded ...directly or indirectly......what responsible, thinking, and intelligent priivate developer would put his own capital as risk
in this stupid location....unless of course he received a massive subsidy, tax credit, kickback, or the like....

They ought to turn it into a massive techical/vocational, handson learning and training center.....even agricultural research.....heavy equipment operators' school........incubator for electrical infrastructure training......cable and underground utilities training.....pipe laying/drainage....road crew training...traffic planning.......shipping and logistics.......sourcing training......truck driving schools......intermodal studies......warehousing technologies.....tracking of goods.........teaching of electronic records for shipping and logistics.....basic computer labs............computer repair technologies.......solar power for surrounding areas.......

now THAT would be smarter...but no, people are too stooopid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis