Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 02:16 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times

Advertisements

It's my son's bed - a family heirloom. It has been broken down into 6 pieces and weighs a total of about 100-150 lbs. It easily fits in a pickup.

I need someone who can do the whole job - pick up, package, ship and deliver the bed without any assistance from me (in Denmark) or my son, who is in the Bay Area and working full time + and going to school. His ex will open the door of the house to give access to the bed; that's about it. The rest of the process has to be done by a local manpower.

Neither my son nor I have any idea about what kind of company will do this (except for a national mover) without one of us being there.

Does anyone know: 1.) what kind of companies I can contact, other than national movers, and 2.) names of specific companies in the Memphis area?

In other words, what would you do in his position to get this accomplished, if you were far, far away?

Thanks very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 07:33 AM

120 posts, read 269,794 times
My realtor recommended these folks to do our move from Memphis to a new house in Collierville. She uses/recommends them all the time with no complaints. I got a quote and found them to be very professional and surprisingly inexpensive. For local moves like that they have an hourly rate, in my case about $110/hour, 2 hour minimum, and $75 fee to travel to the pickup location. Your number might vary of course but should be fairly close.

Two Men And A Truck
Moving and Storage Service
Address: 1656 N Shelby Oaks Dr, Memphis, TN 38134
Phone901) 231-1149

Old 02-23-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy35 View Post
My realtor recommended these folks to do our move from Memphis to a new house in Collierville. She uses/recommends them all the time with no complaints. I got a quote and found them to be very professional and surprisingly inexpensive. For local moves like that they have an hourly rate, in my case about $110/hour, 2 hour minimum, and $75 fee to travel to the pickup location. Your number might vary of course but should be fairly close.

Two Men And A Truck
Moving and Storage Service
Address: 1656 N Shelby Oaks Dr, Memphis, TN 38134
Phone901) 231-1149

Thanks very much, but how can they help to get a shipment from Eads to California? I didn't see an obvious connection. I guess they could get the bed parts to a shipping place, but i wonder, do they take credit cards?

Old 02-23-2015, 11:12 AM

120 posts, read 269,794 times
Oh my gosh. I need to read posts all the way through. Somehow I though you were moving it from Eads to Memphis. Sorry.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:43 AM

This is still a grind, being a go-between the two parts of a divorce to move the bleeping bed. It isn't a problem so much now with finding potential shippers. Memphis is loaded with them. It's getting all the details the shipper needs to find out if they will even take them. It's a slow, iterative process between me in Copenhagen, 1 party in CA, the other in TN and the shipper in God-only-knows where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis