Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:23 PM

15 posts, read 59,196 times

Advertisements

I am a recent college graduate and plan to be moving to Memphis to start work in June. My girlfriend is coming along and is also starting work there. We are coming from Upstate NY. We lived in Southaven, MS for 6 months in 2007 but we didn't particularly care for the area.

We are looking in the Germantown/Collierville area primarily for a 2 BR/2Bath place in the range of $800-$950. It is imperative that the apartment be in a safe area and no farther than 25 minutes away from a shopping center/district, such as wolfchase.

Can anyone give us some advice? Thank you so much for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM

190 posts, read 649,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexx View Post
I am a recent college graduate and plan to be moving to Memphis to start work in June. My girlfriend is coming along and is also starting work there. We are coming from Upstate NY. We lived in Southaven, MS for 6 months in 2007 but we didn't particularly care for the area.

We are looking in the Germantown/Collierville area primarily for a 2 BR/2Bath place in the range of $800-$950. It is imperative that the apartment be in a safe area and no farther than 25 minutes away from a shopping center/district, such as wolfchase.

Can anyone give us some advice? Thank you so much for the help!
Collierville and GT are both fine. Where in Upstate NY are you from.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM

Syracuse/Rochester Area.

Does anyone have any advice as to specific apartment complexes? If not, is there some other forum in which I can post my question?

Thanks again.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:46 PM

190 posts, read 649,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexx View Post
Syracuse/Rochester Area.

Does anyone have any advice as to specific apartment complexes? If not, is there some other forum in which I can post my question?

Thanks again.
Bailey Creek Apartments on Bailey Station in Collierville.

There are some new complexes on Winchester in Collierville. Take a drive on Winchester and check them out.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:27 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the Crescent at Wolfchase? That looks to be a great place.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,372,803 times
The Wolfchase area is not on the same caliber as Germantown or Collierville. Wolfchase (now, these are MY opinions) is a horrible area, horrible traffic, just a nightmare. I never go out there, maybe once a year if I have to. They built too many chain stores, the mall, Targets, Best Buys, etc all at one intersection and the area has become too over-populated with apartment complexes and stores. IMO, I would avoid that particular area. There are other areas that would be less of a headache, if you want to stay in Cordova.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 AM

7 posts, read 34,777 times
I love the Crescent at Wolfchase! They're great apts. But I agree with Pearlbob. Traffic in the morning and afternoon is a nightmare! It depends on where you're going to work and what direction you'll be headed in.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:16 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,372,803 times
I think Wolfchase is a fine area, in terms of safety....but I can't imagine wanting to move to Germantown or Collierville, and then choosing Wolfchase instead. Just be sure to visit the places first and really get a feel for the area before you choose.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:55 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,417,835 times
Live near Saddle Creek!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:22 PM

Where abouts is Saddle Creek?

Edit: It appears that it's near Cordova. I believe I read somewhere on this forum that Cordova is taking a turn for the worse...can anyone comment about that?

Thanks for all of the help everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis