Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:09 PM

137 posts, read 503,439 times

Advertisements

I don't go through them often but the kids wanted a quick burger at McDonalds. Went though the one in Collierville on Poplar.......

1. Didn't say a word when I got to the paying window
2. No nothing, no words spoken as they handed me my food.
3. They forgot the straws and I waited and they got an attitude about it
4. Daughters sandwhich was wrong.
5. Went inside for 7 minutes (only one other guy in there) to get the right order
6. Two people out back argued over who was going to make the burger
7. No apology from the manager, nothing.....

A good attitude goes a Loooooongggg way, and theirs sucks. I travel often to the South (Florida) and I swear, I get as far as Corinth, MS on my trip to FL and the attitude change is a 180

Just venting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 09:43 PM

278 posts, read 993,656 times
You are talking about McDonald's. What kind of service did you expect for somewhere with a dollar menu? I like Backyard Burger personally. They are fast food, but they are always fast and polite when I go there.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:01 AM

209 posts, read 812,522 times
That sucks. It's so frustrating to have experiences like that. Not all fast food places are like that though. Every time I go to Chick Fil A it always strikes me how friendly and polite their employees are.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:29 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,318,317 times
Cliche but true: You get what you pay for.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:49 AM

173 posts, read 323,805 times
hey cheapsk8 you should check out the backyard burger on summer near perkins. seriously the best fast food service i have ever encountered anywhere, memphis or otherwise.

the mcdonalds on union near cooper has terrible terrible service. just plain unfriendly and near angry. like oh sorry, i asked you to be doing your job, i can see the concept of working for your paycheck is foreign to you.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:47 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,172,683 times
We'd go past two different Mc D's every day after picking the kids up from school. The one at Summer and White Station was usually good, the young employees would even hold the door open sometimes as we would come in. The one at Summer near Perkins was sometimes awful, bad enough that I once or twice made a complaint to their corporate office. Funny how the two could be so entirely different in their attitudes to the customer.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 AM

128 posts, read 462,530 times
I went through the drive-thru at one on Thomas St (Frayser?) near the Kroger.

Since I was still in my jogging clothes, out of modesty, I picked the drive-thru. It took quite a while. It would have been faster for me to suck it up and walk in. No obvious reason why it moved so slowly. I won't be going back there again. I think the others are right -- you get what you pay for.

I'll have to look for a Back Yard Burger near Mud Island. Any suggestions from those that might know?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:06 AM

209 posts, read 812,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgillmd View Post
I'll have to look for a Back Yard Burger near Mud Island. Any suggestions from those that might know?
There really isn't one too close to the island. The closest one is on Union, just west of McLean. It's near Schnucks.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,379,432 times
Yep, Mickey D's here in Memphis are horrible.

As cheapsk8 has said, the further south you travel the freindler/cleaner stores you will find. I stop at the Mickey D's in Opt, Alabama every year on my way to Florida. The food is always fresh, the service is always fast & friendly and the resturant is spottless everytime.

As Shelby Cop has said, when I want a good fast food hamburger I only go to BYB. I just knew we would agree on something eventually S C

Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 PM

80 posts, read 267,685 times
When we were younger, my husband and I took a road trip out west and were floored at how much better the drive thru service was when we got to Oklahoma. We nearly fainted at how much better it was in LA. It was...well, fantastic. We had no idea it could be so much better.

Then we travelled more out east, north, and south.

Memphis, by far, has the worst drive thru/fast food labor in the U.S. There are a few gems around town, but in general you may as well just expect crap service. Count your burgers, fries and drinks before you drive off and be glad you got something remotely close to your order in the sack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis