Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:07 AM

137 posts, read 503,652 times

Advertisements

BYB...damn, forgot about that....I'll opt for that now instead

Maybe this post should be a post of good service at fast food places
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 04:23 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,089,856 times
Email corporate...I did this when our local McD's repeatedly got our orders wrong...I got a personal call from the Manager apologizing for the issue, and he got my address and sent lots of coupons for free food. The Franchise owners DO NOT want you to call corporate, they get their tails chewed. lol.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:54 AM

738 posts, read 2,578,655 times
I have lived her for 2.5 years, and been to McDonald's exactly twice, both times because my kids had gotten coupons at school for free stuff. They suck. Try Backyard Burger. Same prices, and they're always nice. I think their stuff looks fresher, and some locations have veggie burgers for us vegetarians. Or better yet, Chik-Fil-A. They're outstanding. Almost makes me wish I ate chicken.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:20 PM

6 posts, read 11,042 times
Call company complaint lines.
I recently moved to MS and I've experienced the worst customer service in my life here. After trying to buy a car and having 5 dealerships refuse to sell vehicles for advertised prices and 1 that said they'd match on their website- but face to face they refused to.
A call to Nissan with the list of dealers and names of salesmen resulted in getting me an employee discount voucher- 4.3% below invoice and whatever rebates were available. MSRP was $15,545 and I paid about $12,700. And the dealership had to kiss my ass when I went in to get my car.

Hammer any business that provides crappy service. Make them get what they deserve.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:13 PM

29 posts, read 96,401 times
Well, that's McDonalds for ya. If you want good and friendly fast food service, go to a Chick-fil-A. When I worked there, we were ALWAYS reminded to be nice and courteous and trained that way. Whenever we messed up, we made up for it by giving it for free or whatever the manager felt like doing. They really like to treat people well.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:46 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,446,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapsk8 View Post
I don't go through them often but the kids wanted a quick burger at McDonalds. Went though the one in Collierville on Poplar....... I swear, I get as far as Corinth, MS on my trip to FL and the attitude change is a 180
Aw c'mon you can get better service sooner than Corinth.

Sometimes you have to wade through the mud to find the gold.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:51 PM

196 posts, read 693,333 times
Long ago in my youth all the McDonalds in Memphis were owned by one man.

He ran a tight ship and all the McDonalds in Memphis were well run with lots of training and emphasis on keeping customers happy.

Times change...

Old 04-10-2010, 03:19 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,350,395 times
i stopped going to mcd's because they consistently failed to pour the proper amount of coffee product in the cup. this was happening regularly, as i got 2 large coffees each morning, on the way to work. after complaining to staff, assistant managers, manager, and the divisional marketing people w/out satisfaction, i ended up, before refusing to ever return to a mcd's for anything, trying two or three additional mcd's, choosing burger king. i have been going to them for about a year, w/out trouble.

when you think about it, the situation was more than just an oz or two of coffee one or two days per week. it was happening 4 to 6 days a week, and many times is was more than two ozs short. shortly before i left mcd's for good, an employee poured me a last "shorted" product. instead of giving her the regular $2.09, i handed her the predetermined amount, based on the shortage of approximately 2.25 ozs of coffee. then i pulled out the running data sheets, the amount of shorted, the location, and the number of complaints about their stealing customer product. i also told them that i would be filing a lawsuit against mcds.

consequently, if you are prone to use the inconvenience of drive-through establishments, by and large, begin to notice the amount of product---fluid wt or otherwise. you often see shortages in sodas, milk shakes, malts, toppings regularly left off. many times you receive chicken pieces that are not part of a quartered or half chicken. many times the company gives you pieces that are lesser in quality and weight, yet they charge the same price, as if it were what they were actually advertising to you. the chicken breast, fillets, or keels that are usually much more expensive than the cheaper thighs, wings, or legs, which are often substituted by the company, w/out the permission of the consumer and w/ the hope that it goes unnoticed by the customer.

other items you may often find missing from your expected feedbag could be the cabbage slaw, that is so good w/ your fish---two major offenders, at present, in the seafood fast food market. french fries, baked potatoes, buns, toast, loaves. the main dinner makes to your home; however, do you often miss some of the appetizers? does it happen on a fairly regularly basis? saves on the food cost of restaurants. in these hard economic times, we all may choose to cut back in some fashion. think it doesn't happen in the grocery store? think again.

and, though a bit more legitimate, what, at one time, were 16 oz cans went to 15 1/2. now, they are 15oz and 14 1/2 oz. a can of tuna is now a bit thicker than a silver dollar. seriously, the can size has dropped to 31/2 oz. there is so much that we, the public, are missing---much of it is in the grocery cart and the drive thru.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:15 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,382,689 times
Well, I just got back from Taco Bell

The taco I am looking at is the saddest excuse for a taco I have ever seen. There is one layer about a 1/4" thick of meat, about 5 pieces of tomato and a spinkle of lettuce

In my business, there are no shortcuts like everyone is dishing out

Old 04-11-2010, 01:38 AM

137 posts, read 503,652 times
KNow what......you guys are right...we need to stand up ...

Complaint sent though this:

Contact Us (http://www1.mcdonalds.com/contactus/navigate.do?link=restmatters - broken link)

I'll post what comes of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis