Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 05:49 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of not mixing well with people. I'm 31 and have been a loner since I was 17.

This thread is not meant to be negative, but I've had enough. Now people can understand why I posted those threads about being at the normal mental level.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:12 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Samston, I know where you're coming from. Sometimes the answer can be rather simple though you've got to find it. In my case I found out 5 years ago that I have inattentive ADD, which caused me to not do well with people b/c I didn't read social signals very well. Now I take adderall, and it's opened up a whole new world for me and I have some friends and get along a lot better with co-workers. I'm still not organized and I still procrastinate, but I don't care about those things as much as being able to get along with people.

There are other things you could look into also. Asperger's can cause social disabilities to an even worse extent. I have a friend with OCD who also has social anxiety. You might want to look into some of the disorders that I've mentioned, or go see a psydoc and see if you can get some help. I am so thankful that I did--I don't feel like such a weird person anymore--just someone with a slight wiring problem and I felt this huge overwhelming sense of relief when I finally got my dx. The best part is that it was so easy to fix with meds--I only take 10 mg adderall xr, which is about half of a starter dose, but I'm sensitive to pills and if I take a higher dose, I lose the social advantages. It's hard to believe that a pill could make you more social, but I make better eye contact now, which is extremely important, and I'm more attentive to conversations. Also, I find it easier to cue into people's body language. Interestingly though, even when my social skills were at an all-time low, I was able to read peoples' hearts with quite a lot of accuracy and still can--I have been taking in signals at a different frequency and people are always amazed at the insights that I have into the human character. I'm not sorry now that I've had the problems that I did--it's made me what I am.

Also, if you're like me, you've had a hard time coming on here and admitting to this--you probably have carried a sense of shame about it for a long time. But remember this--you're having problems with the root of basic human happiness--we all have a deep need to feel a sense of belonging and if you don't have that, you will not be happy. Lord, do I know that. I pray that you find the answer and feel free to consult me by DM whenever you need to. You are obviously an intelligent person and I know that you'll find what you need to know.

Oh, oh, and one more thing that has helped me. I have no idea how spiritual you are, but I've found that if I attempt to speak to someone's soul, rather than their ego, amazing things happen. Does that make sense?

Old 09-07-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Samston, I know where you're coming from. Sometimes the answer can be rather simple though you've got to find it. In my case I found out 5 years ago that I have inattentive ADD, which caused me to not do well with people b/c I didn't read social signals very well. Now I take adderall, and it's opened up a whole new world for me and I have some friends and get along a lot better with co-workers. I'm still not organized and I still procrastinate, but I don't care about those things as much as being able to get along with people.

There are other things you could look into also. Asperger's can cause social disabilities to an even worse extent. I have a friend with OCD who also has social anxiety. You might want to look into some of the disorders that I've mentioned, or go see a psydoc and see if you can get some help. I am so thankful that I did--I don't feel like such a weird person anymore--just someone with a slight wiring problem and I felt this huge overwhelming sense of relief when I finally got my dx. The best part is that it was so easy to fix with meds--I only take 10 mg adderall xr, which is about half of a starter dose, but I'm sensitive to pills and if I take a higher dose, I lose the social advantages. It's hard to believe that a pill could make you more social, but I make better eye contact now, which is extremely important, and I'm more attentive to conversations. Also, I find it easier to cue into people's body language. Interestingly though, even when my social skills were at an all-time low, I was able to read peoples' hearts with quite a lot of accuracy and still can--I have been taking in signals at a different frequency and people are always amazed at the insights that I have into the human character. I'm not sorry now that I've had the problems that I did--it's made me what I am.

Also, if you're like me, you've had a hard time coming on here and admitting to this--you probably have carried a sense of shame about it for a long time. But remember this--you're having problems with the root of basic human happiness--we all have a deep need to feel a sense of belonging and if you don't have that, you will not be happy. Lord, do I know that. I pray that you find the answer and feel free to consult me by DM whenever you need to. You are obviously an intelligent person and I know that you'll find what you need to know.

Oh, oh, and one more thing that has helped me. I have no idea how spiritual you are, but I've found that if I attempt to speak to someone's soul, rather than their ego, amazing things happen. Does that make sense?
Thanks for your comments.

I stand by my earlier threads from months ago. There really is no logical comeback. Disabilities require alleviation. Only a sociopath or madman would disagree with that.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Thanks for your comments.

I stand by my earlier threads from months ago. There really is no logical comeback. Disabilities require alleviation. Only a sociopath or madman would disagree with that.
Oh my Samston, can you explain what you mean? What kind of alleviation? Are you thinking about hurting yourself?

Old 09-07-2010, 07:37 AM

No, I wouldn't do that.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
He posts this same topic once a month. sigh

Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
He posts this same topic once a month. sigh
Well who is to say I cannot/should not? Nobody has a monopoly on which issue matters, and which does not. I never say that any person's thread means nothing.

As stated prior, my very initial points still stand.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 AM

523 posts, read 3,805,684 times
absolutely, yes - you do.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:55 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,554,925 times
Yes, you do, or you would not play these games samston. I suggest you consult with a professional.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 PM

Samston, I don't know which past posts you mean, but I have read some of your earlier posts. May I gently suggest that you need more help than we amateurs can offer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health