Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 03:39 AM

3 posts, read 38,987 times

Advertisements

So basically, When I go out side in warm wheather, exercise, or just tempature in the body, I simply explode with itching in the chest area, arms, legs mostly and get hives. Heres a few stories.

1. When I was going to my dad's house, I was waiting outside for my mom and dad to stop talking so we can go. I was itching the whole time but I didn't wanna let them know or show it. When I got into the car I realized that my left arm was covered in small hives(It wasnt on the top of my arm, more below). I tried hiding it and turned on the A/C which helps a lot.

2. When I was just walking outside with my dog, I started to itch. I was thinking "Oh hell no not now" I then walked home as quickly as possible to find my self covered in red, itchy skin with hives on the chest.

3. When I itch its useful to go to the bathroom and poor cool water onto my legs. It simply goes away quicky. And sometimes on my chest.

4. When I take the medicine provided, I find that the itching doesn't stop. It feels different then the original itching. More of a longer, less painful itch. As the original just hurts like hell. this one takes away the pain not fully, I don't know how to describe it but just as "Different"

5. I also noticed that when I think I'm going to itch Either if I do it or not I will itch. Even if its in a cool, air condicioned place, If I think I will, I will. The docter said something about this. I forgot what it was called but basically I have to stop thinking I will itch. AND BOY.... THATS HARD BECAUSE IT RUINED ALOT OF MOMENTS IN MY LIFE. Also I noticed that most of the itching is in the legs. Feels like being shot with airsoft guns sometimes. THe itching hurts! It's horrible!

It would really help if I heard other stories of people and if it ever went away. I'm scared to go outside in the warm wheather. I don't want to look like a fool. Its pretty ugly when the hives come. Now I just had my blood test taken, nothing showed up. But I know that they have the illness or whatever... right. And the thing that helps me the most is a powerful Anti-Itch cream. helps on the legs a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I wonder if it isnt age related as on my past 2 trips to Florida i've broken out in hives on all parts of the body exposed to the sun, never happened in my 20 years when i lived in Florida or my subsequent visits to Florida over the last 35yrs. i now try as much as possible to stay out of intense sun and heat.Thank God for air conditioning.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:07 AM

3 posts, read 38,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I wonder if it isnt age related as on my past 2 trips to Florida i've broken out in hives on all parts of the body exposed to the sun, never happened in my 20 years when i lived in Florida or my subsequent visits to Florida over the last 35yrs. i now try as much as possible to stay out of intense sun and heat.Thank God for air conditioning.

Yeahh! I've had this for awhile and now I noticed a new thing. I also itch from anxiety. When I think I'm going to itch or anything about itching I itch. It's a ***** to handle. But I've heard that to get rid of it you need to keep exercising. Someone once said that you get it when you have problems sweating and other things. I really need to get rid of this because it's ruining the outdoors for me.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
There's a thread about "heat hives" on the general health boards....

I get very itchy in cold, dry weather.....that's why I enjoy summer...the itching stops for me!

Old 07-19-2012, 03:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
If its hives, and its red, it could be heat or abrasion. Wear smooth cotton in the heat, and make sure to always be properly hydrated. When I'd go somewhere for the day I had a water backpack. I'd take about three 2 lietre bottles of water and freeze them, and one lying on its side so it was only half full when it froze. I'd add water to it and take the four of them along for the day in my insulated backpack. If it was a long day I might end up with warm water in the last, but I made sure never to get thirsty. You can add a small amount of gatoraide to the water as well for added ingredience. And carry potato chips as they provide salt when you sweat out too much.

Remember you won't feel sick from dehydraton until its already set in so prevention if important.

Now, if you see a scaly rash, red underneath but with dry flaky skin on the surface, get out of the sun. If your on meds many will make you very sun sensitive and this was the rash I got. I stay out of the sun from 10 to 3 since the rays are the heaviest then. But I can still get the rash, usually on my lower face, despite being off meds for several years and the sun sensitivity did not go away.

I used a cortizone cream on it and after a few days and frequent applications (whenever it itches, so you leave it alone) it would heal up. Use one with a moisturizer. And strictly staying indoors.

If you are on meds and you are getting rashes in sun, since so many do have that connection, take care and talk to your doctor about it and avoid sun until you do.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,015 times
I'm 20 and have had this for a year now. Iv had flashes so bad I twitched trying to ignore it its it the most painful experience iv had its pure torture, I'm a marine technician and this is effecting my work as I need to be in the heat and sun, if I go out and its above 55℉ I go nuts and people think I'm crazy my dad had it he says his went away I hope mine dose so far iv tryed standard allergy meds, now I use Cimedian and makes it a tad less painful but it still herts like hell if I think about the pain I get the pain I think its stress related also becuse lets be honest thinking about the pain is stressfule enough to set it off I guess don't know I want a fix for this but as no one understands this kinda pissis me off when I'm braking out in hives and some ones like what's your problem

Old 04-18-2015, 06:02 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,538 times
One prescribed medication I was on caused itching only when I was outside in the summer. If you're on a prescription med, that could be causing it. Some labels tell you to stay out of the sun while on them.

Good luck!

Old 02-07-2016, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,826 times
You guys were talking about age and itching? I dont think it has anything to do with it. I get "itch spasms", as i call them, every day all day. Its painful like you guys say. Ainxiety can cause it. Being in heat, thinking about a previous itch. Its been like this for about 2 years and im 18. My life has been hell. Any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health