Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 05:23 PM

12 posts, read 21,034 times

Advertisements

If you have had experience with this first or secondhand, how have you coped or improved?

Last edited by Yvelle; 02-18-2014 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 10:57 AM

566 posts, read 1,107,761 times
Suffered for over 25 years with a passive aggressive Undiagnosed Narcissistic. He.has.no.empathy. Is capable of doing just about ANYTHING to anyone and feeling no remorse. Triumph, in a way. For that person deserved the "act" for getting in his way, or whatever reason he gives to justify.

There is NO communicating with this individual in a calm, reasoning manner. For he has NO logic.

He summons up strange replies and then says he didn't say that *I have recordings of this.

He accuses and if you bring up HIS involvement, there will be some bizarre reasoning/justification that only HE can recall, etc.

Never is to blame. It is always: "well, PERHAPS I was at fault." Or, "maybe, I didn't remember." On and on and on. You could be standing there WITH the recording playing it back and he will reply "oh, I don't remember that." ANd it was just five minutes ago!!!

Years of anxiety over this person. For there was no reaching a reasonable outcome, over any problem/issue. I was always the reason why something bad/wrong happened. I never did enough. He was NEVER EVER at fault.
/
I divorced him a couple months ago and it is still on going. He sees no issue with himself. He is good to go. It is YOUR fault/their fault. Or the COUNTRY. THE WEATHER'S FAULT!!!

Couldn't fix that one. Was like a prisoner while living with him. Of course my self esteem eroded to the point I believed I was the reason why everything did or could go wrong.

It's gonna take time. I am in classes for domestic abuse. The verbal abuse was unreal. And due to the fact he can do anything to get back at someone for they deserve it because they are the cause, I worry for my safety now and that of all my family members.

You cannot deal with these types at all until THEY notice they are off. In order to appease and get out of his way, his family enables him. Placates. He then becomes even more unbalanced.

I am just beginning to find a way to cope and heal. Or, become one of the enablers to avoid his wrath, or anger and possibly do me harm.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:15 PM

558 posts, read 1,121,219 times
Bi-Polar, and major social anxiety. Meds. Regular visit with the doc, and following directions. I have no choice but to deal with it, born with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health