Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2015, 09:59 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times

Advertisements

I said it. All I am is a drain on my family and on the system. My anxiety has gotten so bad that I find it difficult to go out. I depend on others just to do simple things. All I seem to do is ruin people's lives and push people away. I wish I didn't exist, because it would be easier on everyone and on me if I didn't. I've felt like this for many years, but now I can't even function. I wish I could be normal and experience happiness like others can. I walk around feeling like an ugly piece of garbage, unable to take part in life and just forced to watch other people ne happy, while my life is wasted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 11:34 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
I said it. All I am is a drain on my family and on the system. My anxiety has gotten so bad that I find it difficult to go out. I depend on others just to do simple things. All I seem to do is ruin people's lives and push people away. I wish I didn't exist, because it would be easier on everyone and on me if I didn't. I've felt like this for many years, but now I can't even function. I wish I could be normal and experience happiness like others can. I walk around feeling like an ugly piece of garbage, unable to take part in life and just forced to watch other people ne happy, while my life is wasted.
Can I ask how old you are ? I couldn't really help with others and this make me very sad but maybe I can help a little with you. Do you need to talk ? I know it's a bit blunt but you can talk to me if you want. I know how you feel ! ...

Old 08-09-2015, 12:36 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Can I ask how old you are ? I couldn't really help with others and this make me very sad but maybe I can help a little with you. Do you need to talk ? I know it's a bit blunt but you can talk to me if you want. I know how you feel ! ...
I just want to see if anyone can relate. I'm going out soon but will talk. I'm 24

Old 08-09-2015, 12:39 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
This will surprise you, but it sounds like a pretty simple situation to me.

I thought from your headline about being a burden that maybe you were slowly dying from some degenerative disease. But it's just anxiety! So maybe you need to look at it differently. It's a much better problem.

So maybe you could start by sitting down, with a pad of paper, and making a list. In fact, three lists:

1.What things make you anxious, trigger your anxiety the most?
2.What first steps could you take to work through the anxiety?
3.What places could you contact to see about making an appointment with a counselor to help you work on this?

Old 08-09-2015, 02:47 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
Let me offer a different viewpoint here. I have noted a number of your posts on the different forums on C/D and know you have written before about your dissatisfaction with your looks. Some may think this issue is superficial, but for many people it is the core of their unhappiness and failure to thrive. We all know of society's preferences and the advantages an attractive appearance can provide.

People spend money on vacations, cars, clothes and other temporary things to raise their spirits but do not think to invest in improvements to their own bodies. Cosmetic treatments and surgery procedures performed by a (board-certified) plastic surgeon as well as a healthy diet and exercise can often vastly improve one's self-esteem and success in life.

Last edited by nightlysparrow; 08-09-2015 at 03:09 PM..

Old 08-09-2015, 03:06 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Seek professional help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health