Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 05:17 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa85 View Post
Now I know that I was right to be uncomfortable with the birthday flowers.

I called to thank her, naturally, and she saw that as an opening. She tried to call me three times in fifteen minutes the next day, I finally gave up and picked up on the third time.

We talked about my birthday for two minutes. Then the rest was about her having copd (news to me) being on heparin three times a day for a suspected blood clot (they never found one, that would have gleefully been rubbed in my face because i don't believe her anymore) she's so dehydrated they thought she had a kidney problem, her sodium levels are extremely low, and her blood pressure was in the 170's over 120.

All in ten minutes... when she stopped talking i was able to get off the phone.

But, I was right. The flowers were nothing more than a way to get me to believe her shenanigans.

She went home yesterday, she didn't make it a week between hospital stays. I'm dreading the next "crisis" but the more crises she has, the sooner my sisters will start talking to me again... Maybe.

She's unbelievable.

I'm more determined than ever to maintain my boundaries, I was happy being left out of it.
I am sorry you are going through this. How old is your mom???You seem to have it worse than me. Best thing you could do is walk away for now while you still have your sanity left. Your sister's will never understand this because they are in denial. You might have to change your phone number. Let your sisters deal with this. Hopefully they will realize the kind of person your mother really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 05:47 PM

28 posts, read 16,071 times
She's in her mid fifties. From what I know, she's been like this since her teens. She's had 40+ years to perfect her act. It's so ingrained in her that it blows my mind that people can think she's cured because she seemed stable caring for a terminally ill husband.

I've read about it for years so maybe that's why my family's beliefs are like the twilight zone to me.

This doesn't just magically go away because she was with a good man for four years.

They might as well be telling me that the sky is green.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:36 AM

28 posts, read 16,071 times
FINALLY seeing my therapist today!! It's only been two weeks since I've last been but so much has happened, really looking forward to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health