Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 04:32 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I agree with KathrynAragon!

And being past menopause should not mean nor does it automatically mean the maladies listed in the other posts. It has no effect on most women. But it is still full of false old wives tales, and falsehoods perpetuated by the for-profit Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) industry and cadre of doctors and health professional who make a living off of it.
IDK how anyone could agree or disagree about the OP regarding menopause since we have no idea. It's certainly something to check into. There is no doubt that many women experience a myriad of issues from it. No one said everyone does. No one said 'automatically assume'. We said it's something to look into, which is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 08:08 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
You should engage in a hobby to gain a purpose in life. Gardening, a pet, volunteering, etc.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:00 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Clinical depression hit me pretty shortly after menopause. It took 10 long ugly years to get my thyroid supported and desiccated Armour or Nature-Throid have been my sources. Started on this long road at 1991 and didn't get help until 2002...all due to the numbers games played by the medical world. A D.O. I had been seeing for years for back issues knew what I needed when I called him about thyroid. He called pharmacy and no labs nadda and depression lifted in 4 days. I was very fortunate to have that man in my life, wish I had called him years sooner. But I talked to endos and internal med docs and they were worthless.

As I see it from my experiences, the old time docs knew so much. There were no thyroid labs in their early days after their medical schools.

Cut out white foods and that will give your body weight loss.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,803 times
I have been super busy guys and am sorry I haven't responded sooner. Thanks for the kind words and I appreciate the opinions. This time in life is new to me and I know others that feel lost with this empty nest phase but with our handicapped daughter, it's not empty and I am tired of parenting or just being responsible. For example: next month we are taking a vacation to Disneyland and we have to and want to include our daughter but that's a lot more expense we have to add in plus we are having one of her aides come along and while she will be paid during the trip and is covering her own ticket prices, we don't get that time to be together again that others might start experiencing.
My depression has ebbed and flowed for years but I could always keep going and was able to get out of bed and pretty much fool people but this past couple years it has ramped up and it is hard to be motivated. I am on two antidepressants and my Doctor made adjustments and it is lifting some now and I am starting to feel up to taking walks and a few other things that I enjoy but still not wanting to socialize much. I work in a very busy medical office and when I get home, I am done.
My Father was an Iwo Jima survivor and became an abusive alcoholic until my parents split up and at 55 committed suicide and I for years could not understand his doing that but it scares me that I now feel like I can empathize with the depth of despair, physical pain and loneliness he was probably in.
I don't understand myself. I have never been at this phase of life. I am 60 pounds heavier than I was 15 years ago. I have had rotator cuff repair, 5 knee surgeries, deviated septum surgery and a couple years of allergy treatments and yes, I am post menopausal and I know from talking to Drs that it can wreak havoc on some. I just needed to reach out and that was a really bad night and I hope I can just keep keeping my head above water. Thanks for reading and caring enough to respond.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:07 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,605,078 times
Maybe you need to look into a group home for your daughter. You can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself. Sounds like you really want to move in to the next phase of your life, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:35 PM

6,153 posts, read 4,525,082 times
You could try the Caregivers forum. I think you'll find a lot of understanding for your exhaustion there, and if nothing else, a lot of camaraderie. And this is a difficult time in life - don't bother asking me how I know. I just hope there's light on the other side of it.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
OP, do you get any exercise at all? That plus a program of hormones will make a huge difference.

What are your excuses for not trying this regimen? It works for millions of women. Menopause is no joke and is probably at the root of everything you are feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health