Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 10:04 AM

447 posts, read 488,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I know all about panic attacks, I used to get them, but being on Lorazepam helped that. I don't know anything about anger attacks. How does that manifest itself? I think Lorazepam would help with that too. I'm not a Doc, just a patient.

Good luck with the grinding!
Hi Willamette City, I see, you wrote that you taking Lorazepan daily. May I ask what dosage you taking daily, and for how long? Does it give you any issues? I'm sorry to pry, but my son started with Lorazepan couple of weeks ago, that's why I'm curious, if it's helping you and in what dosage?
I understand, if you don't want to answer, it's personal, and I apologize in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 10:07 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
Ordering it now.

Last thing like this I tried was St. John’s Wort, but I didn’t notice anything. This site you showed me is a really good deal!

YOU SHOULD DISCUSS USE OF THIS WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.....

There might be a reason it would be contraindicated to you.

Beware taking medical advice online...

Old 11-06-2018, 03:58 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,601,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
YOU SHOULD DISCUSS USE OF THIS WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.....

There might be a reason it would be contraindicated to you.

Beware taking medical advice online...
I've had depression 15 years. I've tried every medicine under the sun and nothing really helps.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:03 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
I've had depression 15 years. I've tried every medicine under the sun and nothing really helps.
I know I've mentioned the MTHFR Gene Mutation...not in this thread I see. Why not research it and think about being tested. Higher doses of Methyl Folate is what is prescribed.

Also, as I say all the time, could be a sluggish thyroid that needs some support. And the numbers are not the complete picture. Been that route.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I know I've mentioned the MTHFR Gene Mutation...not in this thread I see. Why not research it and think about being tested. Higher doses of Methyl Folate is what is prescribed.

Also, as I say all the time, could be a sluggish thyroid that needs some support. And the numbers are not the complete picture. Been that route.
I was going to have an appointment about my thyroid on November 1st, but I was told I had a meeting that day, so I rescheduled for November 15th. The messed up part is the meeting was cancelled. I could have known if it was thyroid by now if I hadn’t rescheduled.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I was going to have an appointment about my thyroid on November 1st, but I was told I had a meeting that day, so I rescheduled for November 15th. The messed up part is the meeting was cancelled. I could have known if it was thyroid by now if I hadn’t rescheduled.
Do you have a suspicion that it could be a sluggish thyroid? Just remember numbers are not always the answer. I went 10 yrs with "good" numbers report and it was thyroid once I got a doctor to work beyond the numbers game. I don't know if you mentioned your age and gender and those can have a bearing too.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:26 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
If you rescheduled the appointment you will still find out. You can at least rule it out or address it once you do know. I'd do some research on what thyroid testing can and can't determine beforehand. Also remember that there are other pretty obvious symptoms of thyroid problems besides depression. A place to start educating yourself about them that will be more helpful than anecdotes on social media:

https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditi...hyroid-hormone

Old 11-07-2018, 09:22 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
EFT would work well for these problems, and it is free.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
If you rescheduled the appointment you will still find out. You can at least rule it out or address it once you do know. I'd do some research on what thyroid testing can and can't determine beforehand. Also remember that there are other pretty obvious symptoms of thyroid problems besides depression. A place to start educating yourself about them that will be more helpful than anecdotes on social media:

https://www.endocrineweb.com/conditi...hyroid-hormone
Of the 14 symptoms listed for Hypothyroidism, I suffer from 9 of them. I’m a 22 and a half year old male. Been dealing with those 9 issues to an extent since I was 7 or 8. The issues came on gradually between ages 7 or 8 and age 13 before platauing. Never tested thyroid, but I’ve tested pretty much everything else.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Of the 14 symptoms listed for Hypothyroidism, I suffer from 9 of them. I’m a 22 and a half year old male. Been dealing with those 9 issues to an extent since I was 7 or 8. The issues came on gradually between ages 7 or 8 and age 13 before platauing. Never tested thyroid, but I’ve tested pretty much everything else.
One wouldn't think 22 young yrs for thyroid issues but some are born with dsyfunctional thyroids. Again don't eliminate looking at the MTHFR Gene Mutations.

And look into foods that help support thyroid function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health