Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 09:03 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,805,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
The skateboard culture you see us as having influenced ( I AGREE ) heavily was influenced not by Mexican American civilians. It was influenced HEAVILY by CHOLOS. PERIOD. Even the symbol of Zephyr is the symbol of the dogtown 13 gang which goes back to the early 1900s.

Those white kids in that area grew up seeing chicano gang culture and they spun it their way and took it to the rest of America. Skater culture is probably the largest perpetuartor of chicano gang culture...with the style of writing, the artwork and clothing of Mexican American streetgangs! Suburban white kids in the burbs of every city America are wearing stuff today that is laced heavily with Chicano SOCAL gang culture.

What I also found funny is how East Coast white kids...gave themselves the name GUIDO, while wearing Ed Hardy and rocking chicano gang cultures inkwork! Ed Hardy is directly responsible for being one of the first to actually bring Cholo culture to the world and he made it mainstream.

Shoot even VANS look directly tied to the prison culture of Mexican American streetgangs, because those shoes are identical to the chino that prisoners were given in the 1970s.
I see the connection you are trying to make but I think it is a bit exaggerated and you are giving way too much credit to cholo culture.

Of course sub-cultures influence each other. However, things like flannels, tennis shoes like vans etc.. also had a place before cholos adopted them.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:08 AM

366 posts, read 646,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I see the connection you are trying to make but I think it is a bit exaggerated and you are giving way too much credit to cholo culture.

Of course sub-cultures influence each other. However, things like flannels, tennis shoes like vans etc.. also had a place before cholos adopted them.

Im exageratting? Cholo cultures influence on white America?

How so? Alternative music? SUBLIME. LINCOLN PARK> RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. GOOD CHARLOTTE. SUISIDAL TENDENCIES. INSANE CLOWN POSSE . How else has shaped it as importantly besides Nirvana ( STRAIGHT WHITE@)

Skater culture?

Alba. Travis Barker, Ed hardy.

Who did I really leave out ? I mean these arent white boys who deny their Mexican Cholo roots!! In fact these white boys EMBRACE IT! LIVE IT! BREATHE IT ! SHOW IT TO THE WORLD PROUDLY . Ed Hardy spearheaded a documentary...showing just how much chicano culture influenced his art. I grew with white guys like this.

These white boys not only grew with mejicanos, they were raised in the 1990s were in LA white and Mexican was the mortal enemy of every black gang and black criminal group in the area! Whites and Mexicans in SOCAL are close because we were both racially harassed , jumped and warred with black gangs. We developed kinship because we had too.......whites adopted our street cultures.......but I can never accuse them of copying because they live breathed, and warred in cities like:

Santa Monica, Riverside, Long Beach, San Diego, Signal Hill, Anaheim, Norwalk, Reseda, Chatsworth, San Berdo, San Pedro, Artesia, Santa Ana, Westminster, Fresno and many more:

Whites and Mexicans racially integrated to where the culture was one and the same. Like many whites across America who deny they were influenced by minorites these white boys show it proudly because we have been allies in racial wars against blacks in SOCAL since the 1960s!!

These white boys are MEXICAN. In name, breathe, life and culture and I seen it through the the race wars of the 90s, and my people before me saw it in the race wars going back to the 1950s.

Bottom line :

America is a black and white country and SOCAL ESEs chose their side. The side we chose has shown us loyalty every step of the way and its an abomination to deny them their respects.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:49 AM

733 posts, read 942,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
Im exageratting? Cholo cultures influence on white America?

How so? Alternative music? SUBLIME. LINCOLN PARK> RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. GOOD CHARLOTTE. SUISIDAL TENDENCIES. INSANE CLOWN POSSE . How else has shaped it as importantly besides Nirvana ( STRAIGHT WHITE@)

Skater culture?

Alba. Travis Barker, Ed hardy.

Who did I really leave out ? I mean these arent white boys who deny their Mexican Cholo roots!! In fact these white boys EMBRACE IT! LIVE IT! BREATHE IT ! SHOW IT TO THE WORLD PROUDLY . Ed Hardy spearheaded a documentary...showing just how much chicano culture influenced his art. I grew with white guys like this.

These white boys not only grew with mejicanos, they were raised in the 1990s were in LA white and Mexican was the mortal enemy of every black gang and black criminal group in the area! Whites and Mexicans in SOCAL are close because we were both racially harassed , jumped and warred with black gangs. We developed kinship because we had too.......whites adopted our street cultures.......but I can never accuse them of copying because they live breathed, and warred in cities like:

Santa Monica, Riverside, Long Beach, San Diego, Signal Hill, Anaheim, Norwalk, Reseda, Chatsworth, San Berdo, San Pedro, Artesia, Santa Ana, Westminster, Fresno and many more:

Whites and Mexicans racially integrated to where the culture was one and the same. Like many whites across America who deny they were influenced by minorites these white boys show it proudly because we have been allies in racial wars against blacks in SOCAL since the 1960s!!

These white boys are MEXICAN. In name, breathe, life and culture and I seen it through the the race wars of the 90s, and my people before me saw it in the race wars going back to the 1950s.

Bottom line :

America is a black and white country and SOCAL ESEs chose their side. The side we chose has shown us loyalty every step of the way and its an abomination to deny them their respects.
Wait so you're talking about siding with white people according to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico