Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:46 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,964,502 times

Advertisements

When a person is in the middle lane surrounded by cars who are going lickety split it is possible to miss the signs posted and besides NOT that many off ramps close together for an exit.

This can happen close to the border or any off ramp for that matter.

As for the San Ysidro crossing I- 5 and I 805 merge together thus multi lanes all at the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 11:02 AM

275 posts, read 980,000 times
Some uncled during 70's used to crossed the border just saying "we are americans". The "problem" is that they are white, blue-eyed men, and they are caucasain but mexicans.

I enter to US with a spanish passport, but i was born in mexico and all my life i have lived here. Due to that passport i dont use a visa travel, and some bp get angry, and in a racist form they suggest me to get a travel visa to go to USA, no matter if im spanish citizen.

the chicanos of bp are very resentful, mostly with wealthy mexicans but we cross the border dry, not as their ancestors

Old 10-04-2016, 11:46 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,240,106 times
^^ what a racist comment...

Old 10-04-2016, 01:40 PM

6,516 posts, read 7,580,023 times
^^^
Oh gosh, this elitist chilango is back, I was hoping the guy that created the why chicano's dream to be white? thread would have disappeared.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:10 AM

275 posts, read 980,000 times
Sorry guys, the thread created by me it was because on racial census the % por mexican people . admitting as "white-hispanic" was of around 75%, so for that reason i was intrigued.

You have to be a mexican national crossing to USA to know how racist is border patrol against us, especially the ones of Texas.

Unfortunately this cannot happen, but if you could have the chance of crossing the border as mexican national your views will change a lot. I would like to invite you to ask to people of central or south Mexico and my views will be repeated towards border patrol officials.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 868 times
american citizen was taken as a child to mexico and parents did not care of getting a passport now he is 18 wants to cross to the usa but only has a birth certificate and ss card and he does not have a united states identification card.Can he cross the border anyways?

Old 01-09-2019, 11:54 AM

6,386 posts, read 11,914,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latejas View Post
american citizen was taken as a child to mexico and parents did not care of getting a passport now he is 18 wants to cross to the usa but only has a birth certificate and ss card and he does not have a united states identification card.Can he cross the border anyways?
It's possible but wouldn't count on it. He might be told a positive ID like a passport is needed. Passports can be obtained through US Consulates

Old 01-09-2019, 07:39 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,347,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latejas View Post
Why not go to the US consulate and get a passport card? That will save time and grief. Showing a birth certificate and SS card should work but with Trump's Border Patrol, they are looking for reasons not to let you in. Get the passport card.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky701 View Post
It works both ways... Going South...Often everyone has a hand out and a reason to otherwise delay you.. No where in America that I have been , do they Target Foreigners to PAY MORE..Thats a National Pass Time IN Mexico... Get The Gringo..
It's done to locals also. They have enough sense to know how to bargain. It is the way business is done.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky701 View Post
NOT TRUE... HOWEVER Bartering for every thing everyday is the sign your in a 3rd world country...
My Third World country? My family started arriving in the colonies in 1610, 10 years before the Mayflower. Your family was still in a Third World county then, weren't they?

I retired to Mexico and live in an area with about 20,000 USA and Canadian citizens. I don't get taken advantage of in purchases because I know how most vendors play the game. If you do that is your problem.

If you read enough of these posts you will know that Mexicans are expected to pay mordida to the trafficos and other Mexicans try to take advantage of them also. It is a different culture. Don't travel because cultures are different everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico