Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 03:12 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,050,177 times

Advertisements

Maybe one day Afican Americans will live and come to interior Mexico. They already have a lot of African culture such as the cumbia and the Salsa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 04:21 PM

146 posts, read 150,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Very rare to see any, visitors or residents except in the major resort towns. The Mexican born you see a bit on the Gulf side, Veracruz has a few but they are not that common.

As for dating, while things are changing I am sure lots of Mexicans still will not hide their racism. Its not so much hateful as you might find in the US, just Mexicans in general tend to stereotype all races or shades of race. Since you aren't the age to be looking to have kids you might be fine, but if you were younger you might have some issues with acceptance from potential in laws. One thing you will learn fairly quickly is most Mexicans wish or will try to pass themselves off as a shade or two lighter than they are. Other than the whitest shades, Mexicans will try to stay out of the sun to avoid gaining any color.
The has to be the most dumbest comment I've read here... Mexican isn't a race.... Mexico has around 10-15 million people of full European ancestry. Most are in Northern areas of the country and Jalisco state

I'm Mexican of Spanish and French ancestry and it doesn't make me different than the mixed Mexicans or the indigenous ones racism isn't part of the Mexican cultural like it is in the U.S...

Old 04-26-2017, 04:41 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Any African Americans here living in Mexico?

Are there parts of Mexico that are known as being better parts for African Americans? Have you experienced racism from Mexicans against African Americans?

How accepting would you say the culture is? Are Mexican men open to dating black women? Or culturally do they prefer to stick to their own? How hard is it to adjust to the language? Do you generally feel welcome where you live in Mexico?

I have it on my list of places to retire down the road, and plan to visit for the first time in 2015. I'm trying to decide which places would be best in Mexico for me to explore.
Frankly any American coming with cash to any poor country will not have a problem with having lovers. Some people would marry you for your citizenship. True of Americans of any race.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:58 PM

146 posts, read 150,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Frankly any American coming with cash to any poor country will not have a problem with having lovers. Some people would marry you for your citizenship. True of Americans of any race.
Please informed your self Mexico is not a poor country Mexico has the 11th wealthiest economy in the world . And has been improving every year I'm sorry but if you think Mexico is poor I guess the rest of the world are ....

Old 04-27-2017, 04:42 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,341,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You don't know anything about Mexico.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:53 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Isn't Mexico part of OCDE, the rich country's club?

I also understand that old realities sometimes are hard to shake off. Look at the USA, the sheer number of people that think the USA is the world's richest country is mind boggling. It was the richest back in the 1950's, but things change. lol

The US is still in an envious place, but richest of the world it isn't.

Same with Mexico. Just a few decades ago even travelling within Mexico was a major pain in the you know what, simply due to the inadecuate road network. Not any more! Things change folks, so get on with the program pronto! lol

Old 05-04-2017, 10:01 AM

20 posts, read 55,014 times
funny thing... the 1st president of Mexico was black, he used skin lightener to hide the fact. There are many African influences in Mexico, included in their food and music. Granted the darker population is discriminated against by the dominant White society, govt and economics, people have been brainwashed like all over to think the lighter you are the more acceptable you are to white society.
Just like here there are islands of sanity, more than you would imagine. I guess its how you carry yourself and what you are looking for.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,941 times
Mexican dude is not right!!!! There are pp of all races that are nasty and lazy. I'm AA and my family consist of very hard working , talented, educated clean pp. Anyone that would characterize an entire race in such a manner I would consider ignorant!!!!!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:01 PM

230 posts, read 258,938 times
I am thinking of going to mexico city ...next month. My first time, is there anything you gents would like to express?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:51 PM

549 posts, read 722,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
I am thinking of going to mexico city ...next month. My first time, is there anything you gents would like to express?
I've spent the past 30 years living with Latinos, mostly Mexicans and I can say that from my point of view, you will be looked at no different than this gringo.

Don't take looks or rude comments as a general rule. Heck, I spend about a month a year in SE Asia and get the same curious looks and comments, especially when away from tourist areas or cities.

In the Philippines I always get teased by children about my "long nose" (I'm white). It always make me laugh when they want to touch it and I make a biting noise like a dog. That kind of breaks the ice then things roll much smoother.

Just be you and treat them the way you normally would. The Mexican people are very hospitable and some of the nicest in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico