Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 AM

64 posts, read 193,846 times

Advertisements

i will be spending the weekend at the Rosarito Beach Hotel with a few friends. i wanted to know what the laws are on fireworks. are they legal? and if so where can i purchase them and light them off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 08:01 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,063,390 times
Short answer, nothing is illegal in Mexico, which unlike their northern neighbors, is a free country. Latin Americans love fireworks and anything else that makes noise, so I imagine they can be bought there.

Look for " juegos pirotécnicos", which officially require a license to sell in Mexico, but if there is a short-term market demand, that inconvenience is often bypassed.

Last edited by jtur88; 06-18-2014 at 08:11 AM..

Old 06-18-2014, 09:09 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,945,434 times
Being down here the Fireworks are sold all yr round at various souvenir stores...openly advertised and best set off on the beach. July 4th and New Years Eve brings down many from Calif and I get a free show from my upstairs picture windows over looking the local beach.....just don't try crossing the border with any M80's etc as the BP is very wise and will check your car....especially if you are in your 20's.

My son who is a lot older never asked my opinion after a visit and bought some items and was snagged...they checked under his rear seat.

Take care and have some fun.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,567 times
If you are staying in a fracionamento, or condominium regime, (gated, and guarded housing developments). Check the rules of the development you are staying in. The owner of the property could be fined by the HOA and thereby, withhold a part of, or all of your damage deposit. In this day and age of the internet, your landlord could receive the penalty notice as early as the next time they open their email!

Many homeowners do not appreciate the free fireworks display, and especially dog owners find that fireworks drive their furry friends into a state of panic. Please give consideration to the full timers and their pets before lighting any fuses.

There are many wide open beaches that are away from developments, or homes and are perfect for blowing up your fireworks. Just be careful and make sure you don't blow up any body parts!

Depending on where you are staying, the beach on the toll road at La Mision is a fabulous place to light your fireworks. The parking is on the same level as the beach, (no climbing, easy access!), you can literally park your car, step over the wall, and be lighting fireworks in 5 or 6 steps from your car!

Last edited by SteveSinBaja; 08-13-2017 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: Additional information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico